What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to book your tickets

I think this team has more potential then those teams and we currently have a better coach. This year we have seen flashes of "it" and have been able to cruise along under the radar of everyone and be sitting at the top still.

2001 was a good year however.

I think Lang is equal or better than Stuart as a coach.

Player for player the 2001 side is way ahead of this one except for perhaps the second row.

The only flashes of half decent football have been for less than forty minutes in the Titans and Panthers games.

We seem to be rising to our level of incompetence.

As I have said before the real test will come when we win against in form teams playing good football.

Weaponhead

Coach
Considering the playing talent available we are going very nicely. 20 pojnts witrh a bye in hand means that we definitely make the 8. However, I don't see us having the firepower to do a lot of damage in the finals just yet. Our execution in attack needs to improve significantly if we are to figure.

IMO - anything past week 2 of the finals will be a bonus. This is not meant to be negative, just a realistic assessment of where we are at in our development.

Next year is shaping up as a time for us to have a genuine crack at the title. With finals experience plus a core of rep players in key positions we will be looking good.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I think Lang is equal or better than Stuart as a coach.

Player for player the 2001 side is way ahead of this one except for perhaps the second row.

The only flashes of half decent football have been for less than forty minutes in the Titans and Panthers games.

We seem to be rising to our level of incompetence.

As I have said before the real test will come when we win against in form teams playing good football.

Agreed Shero, let's go through it.

Position
Fullback
Peachey
Kearney
Wingers
Rogers & Best/Grose
Covell & Brown/Taluapapa
Centres
Mellor & McKenna
Pomeroy & Simmons
Halves
Dykes & Campbell
Seymour & Kimmorley
Props
Stevens & Lang
Ross & Douglas
Hooker
Jason Ferris
De Gois
Backrowers
Nathan Long & McNicholas
Gallen & Anderson
Lock
Nick Graham
Bird
Bench utility
Dean Treister
Terence Seu Seu
Bench forwards
Chris Beattie
Danny Nutley

Luke Stuart
Adam Peek

Andrew Pierce
Byran Norrie
Coach
John Lang
Ricky Stuart

The backrow this year is better but that's about it. The 2001 bench usage was also much better. Also better backline in 2001. Bird's a better lock than Graham, but I think the props are still slightly better back then.

Latest posts