What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to change caps(green to blue & gold)

L

legend

As a devoted Raiders fan I have had a very tough season with the boys not providing a great deal of joy(apart from yesterday) in the regular season. After we beat the hapless Storm next week it will be time for me to change caps and don the blue and gold cap. I was born a fanatical eels supporter and they are still by far and away my second fave side and I watch them as much as I can. I am not jumping on any bandwagon here as I have stated on numerous occasions that the eels are my second side. So after next weekend it will be.............GO THE EELS.

L

legend

Doesnt seem to be much support for the other no hopers in the semis, especially those smelly muts from Belmore.

GO THE EELS.

TheSaint

Juniors
First Pepe, now Legend.At least two of the moderators of this forum have got serious club loyalty problems

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saint: Pepe's not a moderator. Maybe he could have been if you voted for him.
emwink.gif

But on the subject of this switching allegiances just because your team is gone...
why should that team just happen to be the minor premiers... why not one of the under dogs?
I remember one year after Saints were out of contention, I hoping that Norths would win. I felt sorry for them ...
emsmilep.gif

Changingsupport to Parramatta... all sounds mighty suspicious to me...

Ramit54

Juniors
I hate Parramatta. My wife and outlaws support parra. But i have coached Scott Donald in Townsville so i hope he does well. If he wasn't playing for Parra i would be going for the Knights.
Cheers Retread

M

meltiger

How anyone could lower themselves to supporting Parra is beyond me but anyway.... St George V NZ grand final..... That is something i'd love to see.

Would be torn between my old local side and Villasanti's side as to who I would want to win.

TheSaint

Juniors
Ok, so Pepe's not a moderaor, nor did I want him to be.A hybrid Dragon/Chiwauwa (sic) would not be a pretty site.

As for Legend. I'm starting to suspect that he swapped the Blue and Gold around the time the Green Machine started to get a roll on.

The Eels won in 86, Canberra then became some what of a force winning in 89,90,94, as well as Grand Final Appearances in 87 and91.

Now the Raiders glory days are over,I think we will see Legends second team take poll positionfor his preffered sporting body.

P

pepe

fortunatly i have two caps ,i draw the line at two though!!!!

it's great to have one of my teams once again in a finals series,that's the beauty of following two teams,it narrows the percentage of missing out.

next year i will bite the bullet and support only one team though,by round 6 next year i will make a decision,no sense in rushing these things.

if the saints bow out early i'll probably support the sharks,they play a great brand of football.

L

legend

Thems fighting words Saint. I can understand how one could draw that conclusion based on the facts you provided but I can assure you even during the lean times for Parra I was still going to their games as I was too young to travel to Canberra and I can also assure you I will not turn on my side (canberra) and follow the Eels on a fulltime basis no matter what the level of success either side may achieve. If I do, you have permission to ridicule me to the end of time Saint.

P

pepe

dragons man

not much chance of the cowboys making a late charge for the finals,maybe a chance to leap to 13th on the ladder,what a great thrill that must be for cowboys fans,13 th must be beyond there wildest expectations.

if it was'nt for the cowboys beating us at colonial we'd most likely be in the finals,that's a very bitter pill to swallow.
emwink.gif