What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to get excited-The mighty duke has spoken

hindy111

Post Whore
Parramatta fans should be delirious with excitement at the announcement Kieran Foran is joining their club in 2016. Foran is a leader, a fierce competitor, a highly talented playmaker, and an international class performer with a wealth of big-game experience. He is just what Parramatta needs at this point of their development. It looks to me like the Eels are at the dawn of a new era. This club is a potential juggernaut. It should be one of the biggest and best sporting organisations in the country. Just what has held this club back over the past few decades from achieving this status is something of a mystery to those of us sitting on the outside looking in. I know they have some injury problems right at the moment, however, I have seen enough of them so far this year to know that this is a team on the rise. I have been mightily impressed with their strength, fitness, speed and skill. At full strength they have the ability to beat any team. Throw Foran into the mix in 2016 and you have the makings of a title contender. Parramatta fans are about to have some fun.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...17-1m0urh.html

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
In fairness to Gus, there is very little he says about the game of rugby league that I would disagree with. He can get a bit one sided in his commentary for the Blues, but outside of that he is definitely one of the most astute minds in the game.

Parra

Referee
And he backs it up as well. His club coaching record, his record with NSW as a coach and now what he is doing with Penrith as a club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
don't rate Gould much, talk in cliches a lot and doesn't really get to the core of his argument

tries to be too blokey for mine

hate his commentary

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Aside from his annoying commentary "Rabs, what do you think of that?", I like his ideas for the game and has a great knowledge.

Very well spoken and he was good on the Sunday Roast before him and Vossy left.

I remember I went to a pre season launch at a Rugby League club and he was a guest speaker. He was telling a story of his Newtown days playing with Tommy Raudonikis, and Tommy would his tell his team mates to obey Warren Ryan's instructions and bash the opposition. Typical Tommy, but the way Gould said it was quite funny. :lol:

In fairness to Gus, there is very little he says about the game of rugby league that I would disagree with. He can get a bit one sided in his commentary for the Blues, but outside of that he is definitely one of the most astute minds in the game.

Except where he doesn't know the actual rules of the game, blasts the referee, then when the actual rule is read to him, he says 'well that shouldn't be the rule'.

Utey

Coach
His book was a really good read. I too think we are on the verge of something special.

Chipmunk

Coach
His book was a really good read. I too think we are on the verge of something special.

I think this comment probable sums up everything about the Parra club for the last 30 years...

This club is a potential juggernaut. It should be one of the biggest and best sporting organisations in the country. Just what has held this club back over the past few decades from achieving this status is something of a mystery to those of us sitting on the outside looking in.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well its nice he has said some possitives about our club.I remember a few years back how he was saying its easier to start a new team like at the gold coast than to rebuild one at parra. And how the best way is almost to wipe the slate clean and start again.
In the past everything he has said about the eels has been true, so i have reason too be more optimistic about our future now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Expansion franchises in the NFL have proven it's easier to start new than to rebuild. That's why we haven't made the finals in five years.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Parramatta fans should be delirious with excitement at the announcement Kieran Foran is joining their club in 2016. Foran is a leader, a fierce competitor, a highly talented playmaker, and an international class performer with a wealth of big-game experience. He is just what Parramatta needs at this point of their development. It looks to me like the Eels are at the dawn of a new era. This club is a potential juggernaut. It should be one of the biggest and best sporting organisations in the country. Just what has held this club back over the past few decades from achieving this status is something of a mystery to those of us sitting on the outside looking in. I know they have some injury problems right at the moment, however, I have seen enough of them so far this year to know that this is a team on the rise. I have been mightily impressed with their strength, fitness, speed and skill. At full strength they have the ability to beat any team. Throw Foran into the mix in 2016 and you have the makings of a title contender. Parramatta fans are about to have some fun.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...17-1m0urh.html

Wait is hell freezing over...Gould writes something positive about Parramatta?

emjaycee

Coach
This club is a potential juggernaut. It should be one of the biggest and best sporting organisations in the country. Just what has held this club back over the past few decades from achieving this status is something of a mystery to those of us sitting on the outside looking in.

Hi Dennis and Roy :-$

Bandwagon

Staff member
For all his Friday night gibberish with Rabs, you can't knock the blokes track record.

Still, it's a puff piece, but a puff piece is better than some of the other shit served up as journalism.

Latest posts