What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time To Get Serious - Where Are We Sitting?

O.K. - the hard bit's already been done. The Jets have gutsed their way into both the JBC Grand Final and the Premier League Preliminary Final - to be held at Telstra this Saturday arvo.

So, I'm flying in at 6.15am on the Saturday. I'm coming 5000 miles to see the 'Bags take out the first of their two premierships in this year of the Jet.

I've got a few quandries:
1. I can concievably book a seat online via Ticketek from 9am on Tuesday onwards. I've never done it before (I usually just rock up and pay cash - who's ever heard of a space problem at Jets matches?), but naturally I want to be sitting with the rest of the Royal Blue Loonies.

Where are we going to be and how do I specify that via the online purchase thingy (a highly technical term, I know)?

2. What times are the matches? Bluebag has kindly posted that the JBC GF will precede the NRL match (which is listed at www.nrl.com.au as being Storm v Dragons @ 7.45pm* - like I could care less about the NRL).

Working backwards with say a 30-45 minute gap between matches, that'd make kick-off for the JBC GF be around 5.30pm. The Premier League Preliminary Final k/o is listed at www.nswrl.com.au as 3.00pm (not that I'd fully trust their web-site for info this important).

So, the plan is for me to dump my bags in the a.m. in glorious 2042-town and then get out to Telstra with a hopefully valid ticket in my paw, ready for us to enact some (Royal) Blue Murder on the Bulls and the Dragons.

How am I/are we going to do it?

bluebag43

Juniors
DWT-1,

For some reason in today's papers 18/9/06, the Premier League is playing on Friday night at Aussie Stadium at 5.35 pm and the Jim Beam Grand Final is on Saturday night at 5.30 pm at Telstra.

As soon as the Football Club nominates an area/bay where Newtown supporters are to gather I will let you know.

2 True Blues

Coach
Went to the NSWRL site as at 17th --It shows EELSvEAGLES as Sat. night,
JETS v DRAGONS Fri. night.
Further down the same page it says EELS--Friday
JETS Saturday.
CRIKEY???????
We have to buy our tickets tomorrow. Found out the BAY yet?????:crazy: :sarcasm: ](*,) ](*,)

According to our own site:

18-Sep-06 Where to Sit At Telstra Stadium on Saturday, September 23rd
All Jets supporters would be aware that Newtown plays the Dragons in the VB Premier League Preliminary Final at Telstra Stadium at 3.30pm, Saturday, September 23rd. The Jets play the Sydney Bulls in the 2006 Jim Beam Cup Grand Final also at Telstra Stadium on September 23rd at 5.30pm.
Newtown Jets supporters going to Telstra Stadium for this enormous occasion in our club's history are asked to buy their seat tickets in Bay Numbers 122 and 123 (General Admission: $30) at Telstra Stadium.
We want as many Newtown supporters to be sitting together to provide a mighty bloc of royal blue vocal and visual support to cheer our boys home in both grades!

So, can this be done on-line? If not, could any of you (hey guys - those who know me from back home KNOW I'm good for it!) get me a ticket when you get yours?

bluebayou

Juniors
bumpers email should be clear, but will buy tickets for you (even though I dont know who you are) if you like. You can meet me on sat. Just want everyone to be there. reply if want tickets, am serious, can meet up on day early!

Jeffles

Bench
Henson Park Hornets said:
I'm just planning to rock up on the day and get a ticket, no need to worry about this booking online business for me!

I don't want to take the chance. In recent years, RL fans have been pre purchasing tickets in greater numbers.

bluebayou said:
bumpers email should be clear, but will buy tickets for you (even though I dont know who you are) if you like. You can meet me on sat. Just want everyone to be there. reply if want tickets, am serious, can meet up on day early!

Thanks Bluebayou, but another kind 'Bags supporter has already offered to get me a ticket.

Looks like I'm all set, barring some travel mishap.

Let's see - two planes and 5,000 miles are all that stands between me and watching the Jets take out the JBC GF and PL semi. What could go wrong (touch wood)?

See you all on Sat.

TDT-1

bluebag43

Juniors
The latest Bumpermail has advised a change to the bays where Newtown supporters should congregate. The bays are now 140-1 and 141-1.

Jeffles

Bench
bluebag43 said:
The latest Bumpermail has advised a change to the bays where Newtown supporters should congregate. The bays are now 140-1 and 141-1.

What a move!

Bays 122 and 123 are in the NW corner (shade). Bays 140 and 141 are behind the southern goalposts (sun).

Both sets of bnays are general admission tickets according to the map available when you click on the icon at www.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=NRLPREL206

Bays 122 and 123 - Bundy Zone (General Admission)
Bays 140 and 141 - Category 3 (Also $30 but no mention of General Admission)

Fanny Batter

Juniors
with all due respect to bumper, us fans r not obliged 2 sit where he tells us to. he is just passing on the wishes of the nrl.

the way jeffles describes the Bay 122 seats, id rather sit there than in the new bays. sitting behind the goals at homebush is so far away. id rather be in the corner. plus with this weather i dont wanna b in the sun. better seats and the same price. i know where id rather sit

Jeffles

Bench
No idea. I only heard when I got the email.

Here is a seating map of Telstra Stadium. From there you can see the respective bays.

seatingplan.gif

Looking at that pic, Bays 122 and 123 are in the top right corner of the lower bowl. The new seats are on the far left, near where you all sat at last year's preliminary final (which was the top left hand corner).

The forecast for Saturday is;

City: Fine 17-28
West: Fine 18-30

Will be a hot one.