What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to get some NRL season games out to Central West NSW

CarlU

Juniors
I live in Parkes in Central West NSW
we have only 10.000 people living in our town.

Here are our past attendances for rugby league matches
1990: Australia v France 12,384
1998: Parramatta v Adelaide 7,500
2002: Paramatta v Cronulla 10,490
2005: Paramatta v Sydney 11,362

So as you can see when are punching well above our weight compared to places like Adelaide which has a population over 1 million but can only get 7.000 to 8.000 for a regular fully televised NRL season match.

I'm not asking that we get an NRL team, I'm just asking that you start sending a couple odd games our way to places like Dubbo, Orange and Wagga. The NRL has done well with trial games and letting us host city v country but it's time for something a little different.

nqcowboy87

Bench
yeh aint gonna happen, nrl has certain standards for grounds relating to regular season matches and certain teams aint gonna give up all of their home ground advantage plus corporate dollars from having a lack of corporate suites and boxes at the ground

CarlU

Juniors
Apex Oval is not too bad, looked great on TV when they hosted city v country a couple years back and Wade Park in Orange is hosting it this year. But u are right about the boxes.

Last edited:

Latest posts