What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to make a stand

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You've still advocated that it would ok to punt the current bloke for him.

If Bennett is not going well, the current bloke must not be going as well as Bennett.
Bea is 5 from his last 16 or 17.

Stats and stability baby!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think every coach who has coached in the NRL since 2019 would've achieved at minimum the same with the same players. I suspect most would've achieved more.
You don't know that. It's a difficult club to coach at. Ask Stuart and Hagan. Even Kearney made the finals at another club.

Chipmunk

Coach
You don't know that. It's a difficult club to coach at. Ask Stuart and Hagan. Even Kearney made the finals at another club.
Just as you don't know that the team has been good because of Arthur.

Comparing the players that Stuart and Kearney coached to the ones Arthur has had since 2019 is disingenuous.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bellamy had the best resources. He was cheating the salary cap and had the greatest player of all time when he won most of his premierships.

Well then I guess you have to ask yourself, why wasn't he playing for Benny instead of Bellyache ?

Its not as though he was a Victorian

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just as you don't know that the team has been good because of Arthur.
I don’t know it’s because of Arthur, I just know they’ve been good since 2019.
Comparing the players that Stuart and Kearney coached to the ones Arthur has had since 2019 is disingenuous.
I’m comparing Stuart, Kearney and Hagan’s results at Parramatta to their results at other clubs.

In the same way, Arthur’s results at Parramatta since 2019 can be compared to his results from before that time. Either he’s become a much better coach or our club has gained greater resources.

But comparing his five years pre-2019 with the preceding five years he stacks up favourably. He’s a good coach.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don’t know it’s because of Arthur, I just know they’ve been good since 2019.

I’m comparing Stuart, Kearney and Hagan’s results at Parramatta to their results at other clubs.

In the same way, Arthur’s results at Parramatta since 2019 can be compared to his results from before that time. Either he’s become a much better coach or our club has gained greater resources.

But comparing his five years pre-2019 with the preceding five years he stacks up favourably. He’s a good coach.
That may be so, but the team has likely stagnated and has reached their ceiling with him as coach. We're not likely to replace all of the players, so replacing the coach is the easier and best option.

As a result, what he has done in the past is not relevant to whether he should be the coach in the future.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That may be so, but the team has likely stagnated and has reached their ceiling with him as coach.
I don't think this is even a thing mate. If the team has stagnated, it's because of the ages of the players; more players on the decline than the upswing. There is a trend toward longer term head coaches these days, as they're seen to be just part of the NRL success/adequacy machine. They get replaced when it's required, like if a coach is poached by another club or the board needs a scapegoat or due to poor leadership dynamics within the team or other relationship breakdowns within a club. Sometimes a coach even gets 'stale' I suppose, though I suspect that's usually code for something else.
We're not likely to replace all of the players, so replacing the coach is the easier and best option.

As a result, what he has done in the past is not relevant to whether he should be the coach in the future.
It's definitely relevant, just like it's relevant for any potential replacement. It's just not the be all.

the phantom menace

First Grade
200.gif

Latest posts