What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to release the footballs from the lockbox Ivan

Tigerm

First Grade
No no nonono. That fat little butterball has some work to do to get back in the top grade.
I assume you are referring to Tui, he is hardly a "fat little butterball", and if you watched the ISP yesterday, I don't think you would take Gamble up at this stage. Tui did play a fair bit there when he come over, so he knows the position, you gotta have someone there.

Has Thompson ever played at 5/8?

No one has mentioned Drinkwater, although he is not fashionable has performed exceptional well in the 3 games I have watched this year leading the team around the park smartly,plus his goal kicking is excellent.

Tiger05

First Grade
No one has mentioned Drinkwater, although he is not fashionable has performed exceptional well in the 3 games I have watched this year leading the team around the park smartly,plus his goal kicking is excellent.

I just don't like him. Yes he has a lot of great plays in him. I just see him also making bad plays at critical times. I could be wrong and he may step up to first grade. He has been as good or better than Gamble but for some reason I just don't have confidence in him.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Clifferd

Coach

Nobody mentions drinkwater because iirc he’s failed so many times at 1st grade it’s not funny. Really out of his depth

Top shelf reserve grader, but shit would really have to hit the fan injury wise for him to get a go in the top grade

stryker

First Grade
I assume you are referring to Tui, he is hardly a "fat little butterball", and if you watched the ISP yesterday, I don't think you would take Gamble up at this stage. Tui did play a fair bit there when he come over, so he knows the position, you gotta have someone there.

Has Thompson ever played at 5/8?
Tui had all offseason to get himself ready for this year and failed. To be perfectly blunt, id start searching for options to trade him.
Gamble is an unknown in the top level and i wouldnt take his ISP form into consideration. Some players rise to the occasion when thrown in the deep end.
He is worth a try at this stage of the season and if he fails, at least we are wiser, if he impresses, we know what we can work with.

Clifferd

Coach
We gotta remember Gamble hasn’t played at the top level yet, and chucking him into one of the most important positions in the team would be a big risk imo. I reckon his debut should be coming off the bench or something

in saying that, lolohea would probably be the safe option for now

stryker

First Grade
Lolohea was dreadful. His days as a first grade player are numbered ...Id suspect that number to be low as well. We need Benji to practice his goal kicking so we can expell Tui for good.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lolohea was dreadful. His days as a first grade player are numbered ...Id suspect that number to be low as well. We need Benji to practice his goal kicking so we can expell Tui for good.

That is more than a bit harsh. He was good and he is learning the position.

stryker

First Grade
That is more than a bit harsh. He was good and he is learning the position.
I obviously disagree but tell me where he was good please because i did not see it. He was out of position, still looks fat and slow, cant jump under a highball...but worst of all our defensive line looks unsettled with him at the back. The fullback has a lot to do with the defence being set/numbered up etc...we looked like last year for portions of that game defensively. His best position for us is on the wing in reggies.