What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to restructure the JV

Dragon David

First Grade
When was the last time the St George Illawarra Dragons made finals?
When was the last time Wests Tigers made finals?
Where are the Northern Eagles?

I’ll admit I am having sour grapes watching the rise and rise of clubs like Souths, Easts and Cronulla given they could have so easily been wiped or amalgamated instead of us. 25 years on from Super League times they are getting a golden run on and off the field. New stadiums and upgrades, a Wighton here, a Nicho there, a trip to Las Vegas to be the centre of attention etc. At the end of the day good luck to them but shame, shame, shame for the death of the red v club who can’t even get a run in round one!

It makes it tough when every action our club tries to take forward is hampered by the now proven fact that mergers don’t work unless one club completely usurps the other. All we get from year to year are individuals that use us for their own gain and the days of GST and army on the hill and the passion are dwindling and disappearing forever.

No word of a lie I’d be fine if we were wiped from the comp tomorrow or turned into the Steelers or what have you. All my Norths mates have moved on, found new clubs, new interests but here we are addicted to this train wreck - can’t watch, can’t look away. Rather than turning up to the footy proud as punch, excited, nervous, what we are all trying to get behind is a myth - look at the coach and players that represent us. No sense of culture or care for one another or for the history of the club and the greats that came before. At least the Raiders in comparison have a coach that sheds tears for them. What I would give for a bit of that. We just get coke guzzling and bickering.

I don’t know what I expect to change at this point. It’s all business. We’ve all become disillusioned for so long. Reckon I am just about done.
It's all looking exit stage left for us fans. To be honest, I cannot see much change with how we will perform when the new coach comes, if one does that is. The whole issues over the past few years have made following the Dragons one helluva job. I cannot see us with any Glory years in the short term years ahead. The damage has been done and the chassis has to be rebuilt, reshaped, restructured and given more power and that will take a reasonably long time and lots of sweat and tears to do this.

I won't be around for the new Glory days. I will have reached my end date sooner than that.:(

Dragon for life

Juniors
Sorry Kogarah has to stay, wasn't a problem during 2009-2011, you know when we had a coach, who put the CEO in his place, where we packed out Kogarah, success on the field fixes the issues we currently have, playing 6 games at Kogarah doesnt impact the players lifestyle one iota, why would you give up territory to the sharks, rabbits and bulldogs, why give up potential sponsors from the area, why give up potential new supporters from the area and why give up on your current supporters/business from your area.
exactly. Success puts bums on seats and the rest will fall into line. we’d settle for at least competitive atm