What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to roll the dice?

Copperhead

Juniors
He was used on the bench by Griffin at Brisbane and might end up in that role as a utility who can cover the forwards or backs as the season goes on.

Hang on. He can cover half and hooker and that's it. He's a poor utility.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do you think if TMM knew pre season Seg & Moylan would be down he'd say to be held back? We have 2 spine players out. Our backup in our squad is TMM & Smith whether it's round 22 or round 2 they should play.

Once we have them back then we have the luxury of keeping players back for development. If a players is good enough for a F/T squad place they are good enough to play.

Sime_11

Juniors
id be prepared to give Martin a go but don't expect a blinder, we are playing the side that almost won the GF.

keep Wallace at 9 imo, looked pretty comfortable in the role, Peachey off the bench is a real weapon.

I hope we give Latu another week in NSW Cup, to be fair, all the forwards played really well against the Dogs.

hindy111

Post Whore
ZDC makes NSW cup team of week two weeks in a row....

Id prefer Taylor to Yeo.

Its not the coaches fault Whare was passed fit to play!

mxlegend99

Referee
Its not the coaches fault Whare was passed fit to play!
Common sense says a player who isn't fit to run on the Tuesday would be a risk to play on the Thursday. When your next game is 10 days after that you would surely think a coach is smart enough to play it safe and give him 10 extra days to recover.

We sit him out one extra game and hopefully it's the last he misses.
Instead we play him, he reinjures himself costing us an interchange and forcing a reshuffle of the backline. He's likely to miss a lot more game time now aswell. This wasn't a do or die game where you have to weigh up the odds at keeping your season alive against the chance at the player getting injured again.

TeamSatan

Juniors
TMM should play. Was good in reserve grade without being great last week.
But he took some big hits and proved he is tough enough plus he has a once a generation football brain.
Its the vision he posses that is amazing.

Smith on the other hand was rocks and diamonds as always. Crated some good chances and butchered a few more. Too small to unreliable. Only play firsts if we are desperate.
That's the reality.

Once again its not the coaches job to second guess the doctors and fitness staff.......no matter how incompetent the merkins are

Pomoz

Bench
Unfortunately, I can't see NSW cup or u21 cup anymore, they just don't show it in Singapore. I would love to have watched ZDC and TMM run around. I heard TMM was good in the trial as well. The Bronco's aren't super tough in the forwards, they may be a good opposition to try out TMM. They have great defence so it will certainly test his vision.

anjado

Juniors
We should pick Martin we have nothing to lose it's clear we aren't winning anything with Soward and Wallace in the halves, I would drop Wallace once Segeyaro get's back we should blood Martin now whilst we have the chance lets see if Soward and Martin can provide a more potent combination. If Martin is overawed we can always put him back in reserve grade and bring him back when he is ready.

Copperhead

Juniors
Unfortunately, I can't see NSW cup or u21 cup anymore, they just don't show it in Singapore. I would love to have watched ZDC and TMM run around. I heard TMM was good in the trial as well. The Bronco's aren't super tough in the forwards, they may be a good opposition to try out TMM. They have great defence so it will certainly test his vision.

Did you at least see the highlights? Better than nothing.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/content/panthers/club/news/2016/03/11/nyc_highlights_round.html

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/content/panthers/club/news/2016/03/14/cup_highlights_round.html

franklin2323

Immortal

The website has highlights Monday's after games.

mxlegend99

Referee
We should pick Martin we have nothing to lose it's clear we aren't winning anything with Soward and Wallace in the halves, I would drop Wallace once Segeyaro get's back we should blood Martin now whilst we have the chance lets see if Soward and Martin can provide a more potent combination. If Martin is overawed we can always put him back in reserve grade and bring him back when he is ready.

Why drop either? Maybe Segeyaro will find form if we bench him for a bit. The better he gets you give him more minutes until he has earned his jersey back. A 4th bench forward seems a waste now anyway.

its likely we will stick with the same team barring injuries and returns from injury. akuoala playing for 10 min was a waste though

Pomoz

Bench
The website has highlights Monday's after games.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it is geo-blocked, so i'll need a VPN but at least I can see something. I loved watching NSW cup in Australia and NZ. On the plus side, I don't get to hear Brett Kimberley's commentary. He used to make me want to channel Elvis and shoot the tv.

Pomoz

Bench
Thanks guys, I was able to watch the highlights no problem. It seems the Panthers don't geoblock, its only the NRL. The NYC team looked devastating. We seem to be doing a great job at finding young talent every year. Now, we just have to get "what happens next?" right.

Fibroman

First Grade
I wouldn't mind seeing Peachy in the centres. Give him the ball in some space for a change instead of him trying to create space himself running sideways. I don't mind Smith at fullback although it seems a waste having DWZ on the pick and swing.

maple_69

Bench
I'd like to see the below side next week assuming Katoa is back for a run in NSW Cup this week.

Moylan, Mansour, Hiku, Blake, DWZ, Martin, Soward, RCG, Wallace, Mckendry, Cartwright, Taylor, Merrin, Latu, Peachey, Matagi, Katoa, Latimore

I think Katoa into dummy half towards the back end of the game could help give us some better penetration and create space while easing him in. Wallace controlled the game well during the early stages in Thursday. Latimore doesn't deserve to be dropped but I think Latu and Matagi can help to get us on top up front while Latimore more holds his own. With these team I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was the odd man out though. Prop certainly doesn't appear to be a problem this year though with those guys, Merrin in the middle and JFH /Kikau realistic options throughout the year.

Kilkenny

Coach
We could probably select any number of forward packs and forwards off the bench and be competitive but as we have seen that isn't going to seal the deal. The 1,6,7 & 9 are the key. Until we get that sorted?

betcats

Referee
We could probably select any number of forward packs and forwards off the bench and be competitive but as we have seen that isn't going to seal the deal. The 1,6,7 & 9 are the key. Until we get that sorted?

Yeah I really like our forward pack this year, our middle third has really improved. Matagi has exceeded my expectations of him off the bench so far and if McKendry can perform somewhere near the level he did last week we are looking really good. Hopefully guys like Latu, JFH, Leota and Kikau can continue to play good footy in NSW cup and keep the pressure on the guys ahead of them.

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
I must be out of the loop, why is Taylor on the outer? He was very reliable last year and one of the best tacklers in the squad, whats with the bench / minimal game time?