What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to step up ... NO EXCUSES!

paulquinn49

Bench
It is just upsetting, SGB always sat in the sh*ttest spot possible. Thats what made it good sitting with em, stood out more there aswell.

Azz my cousin recently had his first kid so we went to some Mediterranean Descendant thingy. Pretty hairy kid, and its a girl.

Raiders Army seriously have taken out the SGB, as you dont see the SGB anymore, no banners or anything, it is all Raiders Army.

I wonder what happened to the guys who started it?

Boing Boing

Juniors
Nobody knows where they went. They stop showing up this year. Left over SGB members decided to join the Army, end of story.

And by the way, sitting in the worst spot possible at a football ground does not make you any good. I couldn't stand being at the end of the ground every game in 2004.

jed

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
It is just upsetting, SGB always sat in the sh*ttest spot possible. Thats what made it good sitting with em, stood out more there aswell.

Azz my cousin recently had his first kid so we went to some Mediterranean Descendant thingy. Pretty hairy kid, and its a girl.

Raiders Army seriously have taken out the SGB, as you dont see the SGB anymore, no banners or anything, it is all Raiders Army.

I wonder what happened to the guys who started it?

*veins start popping out of my neck, starts to turn green*

The reasoning behind most of the places where we sat was that it was the cheapest admission (considering so many students etc are on a tight budget), and it was in an area where we'd always have enough space when people turned up 5 minutes before kick-off. Ideally we'd like to always sit on the sidelines, but at grounds like Penrith, Kogarah, Campbelltown etc. it's hard to reserve a block of 20-30 seats so that there's enough room. Other grounds like Parramatta, Newcastle, Showgrounds make it hard to move from General Admission around to the sidelines by erecting fences and having security guards.

As for the guys that started the whole thing off, we shot them, minced them up, added some herbs, and served them up as hamburgers at the Raiders Army photo shoot for the CT at the start of the year. :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
jed said:
As for the guys that started the whole thing off, we shot them, minced them up, added some herbs, and served them up as hamburgers at the Raiders Army photo shoot for the CT at the start of the year. :roll:

How good were those burgers thou!! :lol:

Boing Boing

Juniors
Which reminds me: Saturday night, the last time we see a couple of our players wearing a Raiders badge.

Get out there everyone and let's make this our best showing ever.

jed

First Grade
Talking about eating burgers reminds you about Saturday night???

Oh-Kay! :? You're a strange lad.

:lol:

I'll be there, wouldn't miss it for the world :D

woodgers

Bench
Turn up in your Green you punks, the Raiders have just called and they have got a television broadcasting mob to do some filming for ads and stuff next season. They intend on getting some footage and also maybe some vocal stuff. I am pretty sure that they just want to get some Army shots where Bay72 isn't front row, centre, taking up half the shot :lol:

woodgers

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
Woodgers the media hog. You were going to stay at home until you found that out!

Rubbish, I had a 21st on! :lol: .

Nah, I was always attending this one, no soccer means an early kick off if you know what I mean ;-)

I hate the media, camping outside my house and all that.....

benmeyer said:
Nobody knows where they went. They stop showing up this year. Left over SGB members decided to join the Army, end of story.

And by the way, sitting in the worst spot possible at a football ground does not make you any good. I couldn't stand being at the end of the ground every game in 2004.

I did see both Nick and Tom at some away games this year, though they did stay away from where we were sitting. I hear they just lost interest in it. I also saw Kim, one of the SGB originals, at both Tigers games(home and away) this year. The SGB was about providing an avenue for raiders fans to support their team in sydney and abroad. We weren't particular in where we sat as long as you could see the ground, and enjoy yourself it was a good day/night. Similar to what the Army is trying to acheive, but the two founders in Nick and Tom couldn't cope obviously. I think I am the last of the originals still running around(even though being canberra based makes it easier to be at games than back in my uni days), and I wasn't even an original original, I did forget Stu, but he doesn't count :lol:

As to saturday night, the rematch of all rematches. It's the only thing that could disrupt my impending marraige in 8 weeks, and that's the fact we play Manly, the fiance's team...nothing could stop me from being there, spoon or no spoon!

greeneyed

First Grade
woodgers said:
Turn up in your Green you punks, the Raiders have just called and they have got a television broadcasting mob to do some filming for ads and stuff next season. They intend on getting some footage and also maybe some vocal stuff. I am pretty sure that they just want to get some Army shots where Bay72 isn't front row, centre, taking up half the shot :lol:

There was some guy taking footage of the Army last Sunday. I was going off at one point and then all of a sudden, I have this camera in my face...... :?

BAY72

Juniors
greeneyed said:
There was some guy taking footage of the Army last Sunday. I was going off at one point and then all of a sudden, I have this camera in my face...... :?

yeah what was that all about.

i heard somthing about NRL.com or something. and they wanted a plug for their site not sure if that is correct though?!

Latest posts