What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to talk turkey...

Skinner

Coach
Righteo you Warrior fans.

Forty odd days to go and time to put up, or shut up.

How are they going to go this year ? Have there been enough changes,
and are they the right changes ?

What is the big differentiator this year as opposed to other years or is
there not one ?

Tell Uncle Skinner :D

MKEB...

Staff member
I am picking the the big fourth place finish.
I like our forward pack this year. A pack of big ugly (possibly the ugliest) forwards, that if they haven't learnt lessons from Price/Wiki over the last couple of years then they never will. The only problem i can see with this, too many workhorses.

In our backs we have pace to burn, and one real placemaker (though only into his second year). I see a problem that most of our backs are quite lightweight and will struggle against the likes of St George.

Cleary has IMO shown the boys a lesson in consistancy, which I reckon will be a deciding factor in our top four quest as opposed to seasons past.

I am hoping this year that, * Manu can learn that juggling is for side show performers.
* Rav's learns from last year and doesnt get complacent.
* Wiki runs forward at full pace at least 80% of the time (imo last year he didn't)
* the only ST Johns workouts will be opposition players.
* 80% winning percentage

Scott

Bench
I think they'll make the top eight. How far from there is anyones guess. I think the fact that alot of the younger players (Rovalli, Manu, Mannering, AhVan, Ropati and most importantly coach Cleary) will be so much better for the experience of the last couple of years. I truly feels that good things aren't far away.

ozbash

Referee
There will be a Warriors flag on top of the harbour bridge again in September.

Cleary has instilled the killer attitude in the team, he has learnt to tell the media to f**k off so it doesnt affect the team.

Wayne Scurrah is a very clever man and wont be pissed about by player agents or ill disciplined players.

I am quite excited about some of our younger players and how the effect having a Premier League team will rub off on the warriors. The players have never really had to compete for their spots since we started.

We will go all the way this year.

Im going to lay down another article on this soon. Im convinced the Warriors have definetly put together a biased squad for 2007. More then ever the Warriors will move away from all frills football and towards a high percentage gameplan simular to that of Canterbury Bulldogs. The happy release of Sione Faumuina and the signings of Wade McDade, Corey Lawrie, Wade Mckinnon show the Warriors have definetly choosen percentage players.

I do have real concerns in a couple of particular positions. We really dont seem to have the greatest centre options at the club. This could be our down fall. Todd Byrne, Tony Martin have the experience, with neither being all that classy ( Tony Martin - Once was) Miguel Start is a geniune talent, but only 19 and never played a NRL game. ANd Patrick Ah VAn, who is kind of not built for the modern requirements of an NRL centre. I see Sonny Fai as a possibilty. But he still is yet to play an NRL game.

I personaly dont think the Warriors will be on the end of many bad scorelines this year. This may prove to be interesting season to watch the warriors.

I will put down my article later

AliN

Live Update Team
oh dear can't get past this Uncle Skinner bit:crazy:

Yes I have the same feeling the boys will do well this year.

The second half of last season we fielded relatively young sides.
Those players will build on the confidence they started to show late last year, with I'm sure a top 4 finish

The difference to other years? Confidence breeds confidence. We saw it last year. Knocked around a bit with the -4 start. The self-belief started and just seemed to flourish.

The biggest difference in 2007, we will win the close ones.

Your thoughts great uncle?

Skinner

Coach
This great uncle is playing his cards close to his chest, however, I make no secret of the
fact that I believe the loss of Webby is a MAJOR set back for this team. That combined
with a couple of elderly forwards lining up again........might make it difficult for them.

Depends how quickly Ivan the Coach gets the young fellas involved.

JD525

Juniors
I too predict great things from the Warriors this year. How can they not play fantasitcally when one of their biggest fans has just returned from overseas and has purchased herself season tickets? I'll be there every week cheering our boys to the top 8 and beyond.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Skinner said:
This great uncle is playing his cards close to his chest, however, I make no secret of the
fact that I believe the loss of Webby is a MAJOR set back for this team. That combined
with a couple of elderly forwards lining up again........might make it difficult for them.
I think McKinnon replaces Webb fairly effectively, we lose a bit but I think it's a case of replacing a 5 star player with a 4 star one. As for the age of the pack, Wiki, Price nd Swann are all getting on but as Brisbane showed last year thats no barrier to sucess. I think in the last few years theres been too much of a tendency to put players out to grass as soon as they reach 30 but now we're seing that forwards especially can play at their peak well into their 30s.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
They will either just make the 8 or just miss out.

To have a good chance we need to make a strong start to the season. If Mannering moves into the forwards then I'm a little concearned about our centres.

I'm looking forward to seeing how McKinnion goes. I think he will prove to be a great buy.

Oh and hopefully no more Ropati at 5/8.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Mannering should definitely stay in the centres...they look very weak without him there.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Father_Dougal.jpg

Latest posts