What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmins Over Anasta?

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
yes anasta hasnt been in his best firm but even after the brisbane game he was still the main five eigth to be selected. The Bulldogs did lose to the Tigers, yes. But correct me if im wrong didnt the dragons get flogged by the cowboys. So where the hell does timmins come into it.
Still no excuse for the Bulldogs poor form but they are ahead of the dragons, and i havent seen Timmins play any better than Anasta.

salivor

First Grade
If NSW want to pick an old man I'm not going to complain.
The thing I find funny is the backflip Gould has done. He came out a couple of weeks ago after Barrett got injured saying Anasta was basically in.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
Im not saying Timmins is a bad player im just saying there is a professional five eigth waiting there for selection and they go for a centre.

After the hiding NSW get at the hands of Queensland the selectors will soon realise the mistakes they have made with the side they have selected.

Pablo Vagana

Juniors
I was totally shocked to see Timmins picked over Anasta. I mean the selectors are basically telling us all that Timmins is the best five-eighth in NSW......i mean how is that possible when he does not even play 5/8... i mean 2 weeks at 5/8 does not mean u are a full time qualified 5/8. IF TIMMINS IS THE BEST 5/8 IN NSW....I'M NOT HERE!!!!!!! :evil:

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
But Really ow many will QLD win by

im a NSW boy, but i dont think i will even watch this game coming up. Its going to be totally one sided.

kaon

Juniors
To pick Timmins at 5/8 they have basically told players of the calibre of Scott Hill, Braith Anasta, Craig Gower and Mark McLinden that he is better than them at their own position. It's also weird that Phil Gould has changed his selection philosophy after just one weekend of football. :?

aqua_duck

Coach
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
But Really ow many will QLD win by

im a NSW boy, but i dont think i will even watch this game coming up. Its going to be totally one sided.
gees don't you look like a fool.

RifRaf

Juniors
Anasta over Timmins year right!!!! Anasta is crap you guys need to move on and face facts... He wasn't picked for Origin ahead of Timmins beacause he's crap... Everyone even some of you Dumb Dogs now realise he is the most over rated peice of crap since Ewen McGrady... Move on losers he's a man of the past... Anasta=Lump of Shit

ngunity

Juniors
Anasta's only 21 years old, he's not exactly washed up.... In fact any club that wouldn't pay top dollar to have them in their side with his potential for the future would be rather crazy.

RE: Timmins, nothing against him as a centre but I think the 5/8 joke went on for long enough, just because he didn't exude complete incompetence in that position doesn't mean he should be the incumbent NSW and Australian 5/8, it's a VERY sad indictment of the creativity and skill of the NRL to have Timmins filling such a role at Rep level.

Braith's minimal form doesn't mean he deserves a selection now, but he'll be in their in the next year or two, see if I am wrong.

Moral of story, I don't give a stuff if Braith hasn't been picked at Rep level yet, he'll get there, in the meantime DROP the Timmins at 5/8 farce, if Rugby League had international credibility Australia would be a laughing stock for fielding someone with his ball playing skills at 5/8

RifRaf

Juniors
Your living in the past man! Braith Anasta is so wedges with sweet chilli (yesterdays fad).... Move on....

ngunity

Juniors
Matt Geyer should be Australian 5/8 over Timmins, if Timmins wasn't injured, and your not gonna give it to Anasta.

At least he's a damn 5/8, and despite him being terrified of the bulldogs he goes well against everyone else

Or even Craig Wing, or Darren Lockyer and bring in another Fullback, Timmins is no 5/8, if creativity and skill in that position is needed.

Latest posts