What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tingha Top try scorer for 2003?

Anonymous

Juniors
Currently, Rhys Wesser leads the try scorer list with 15 tries from 13 games.

After the Souths win, Nathan Blacklock has score 5 tries in 2 matches.
Early days, but if he keeps this up, he'll be odds-on for the season's top try scorer. If that happens, he will have achieved it in just 13 rounds.

...its good to have him back. :)

G

gorilla

It is great to see him back, but didn’t take an old urger like you long did it ? ;-)
geez a bloke scores 5 tries in two matches and you’d reckon he was the best thing since sliced bread. :eek:
I mean, its not like he has any byes ahead, so every round is a match and if, he’s lucky, given his strike-rate if 105/119 (where’s my pencil ? licks lead), gosh 11 rounds left @ 88.25% stricke-rate (I added .02% to round off ‘cause he was a little depressed the season before), that equals an approximate total of 15 tries for the season.
Now, I reckon he’ll come up the strike-rate to about 105%, therefore 11 @ 105% = approx. 17 tries for the season and third place !! (which will shame all the others !!)
Its like his first season in grade when he nearly topped – what happened that year Willow ? :?:
Goz

Anonymous

Juniors
gorilla said:
It is great to see him back, but didn’t take an old urger like you long did it ? ;-)
geez a bloke scores 5 tries in two matches and you’d reckon he was the best thing since sliced bread. :eek:
I mean, its not like he has any byes ahead, so every round is a match and if, he’s lucky, given his strike-rate if 105/119 (where’s my pencil ? licks lead), gosh 11 rounds left @ 88.25% stricke-rate (I added .02% to round off ‘cause he was a little depressed the season before), that equals an approximate total of 15 tries for the season.
Now, I reckon he’ll come up the strike-rate to about 105%, therefore 11 @ 105% = approx. 17 tries for the season and third place !! (which will shame all the others !!)
Its like his first season in grade when he nearly topped – what happened that year Willow ? :?:
Goz

LOL.
His first game with Saints was in late 1997... only played one game I think.

His first full season was 1998 and he scored 20 tries - the second highest in the competition. The season's highest was 21 I think - can't remember exactly.

He's the only player in NSWRL/ARL/NRL history to score 20 tries or more for four seasons running.

I reckon he should score a dozen more tries this year but we'll see.

salivor

First Grade
In 1998 Darren Smith topped the try scorers list with 23 tries equalling the Brisbane club record for tries in a season set by Steve Renouf in 1994.

Anonymous

Juniors
bronco said:
In 1998 Darren Smith topped the try scorers list with 23 tries equalling the Brisbane club record for tries in a season set by Steve Renouf in 1994.

Ah thnx Bronco. Not too sure if we needed the Steve Renouf plug but all interesting reading. :D

I'll update my records to give Daz Smith a wee mention. ;-)