What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiquiri and Rogers are dreaming...

What club in their right mind would pay $500k + for any winger/full back?? Tiquiri is young so he may be of some value, but Rogers is 28 and injury prone!

Either way they have both put themselves out of the range of any club and will be stuck getting frost bite on the wings in Union for a while yet

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i read the story in Big League and every CEO reckons they are worth atleast over $300,000 and no-one is really interested.

How many were at the Beastie's last home game? 200? 300?

It's getting easier to park in O'Sullivan Road these days, Swans are pulling your crowds?

ibeme

First Grade
eastsrule said:
League will do anything to get these guys back. Too bad your inferior sport can't afford it.

What does the fact that they've been to Union and are looking at coming back say about your sport? Not a vote of confidence that they have to spend copious amounts of money to keep them.

zulu

Juniors
eastsrule said:
League will do anything to get these guys back. Too bad your inferior sport can't afford it.

Club rugby crowds :lol: :lol: :lol: Rah Rah!! Beaties crowds (Jimmy the mong is their only supporter) :lol:

Waratahs crowds :lol: 6 games a year, 1 team for the entire state average 31,000 :lol:

Qld Reds get crowds get as low as 11,000.

No FTA. Union is in a diabolical state in this country considering what was being predicted after the World Cup.

Pigskin

Juniors
Even had Jim Tucker tonight on "The Main Game" say categorically, and I paraphrase "RL gets the back 6 pages of every newspaper in Qld and NSW while the RU is lucky to get 2 inside".

And he is on the show to talk about RU, and is the RU writer for the biggest newspaper in Qld - The Courier Mail

Make sure you catch the replay of the show on Friday

Oink !

eastsrule said:

You are a straight up fool son...seriously.

If not for Union wanting to get a bigger profile before the World Cup last year (which should hereby be known as 'The Greatest Opportunity lost' for the code) Sailor, Tiquiri or Rogers would ever have been pursued, signed or blooded prematurely into the national side.

Union will always be a second/third tier game here behind League and AFL. Soccer has more juniors than anything and has more chance of becoming the next big thing than Union does right now, due to poor management by the ARU and soccer finally pulling their fingers out.

So bag off about leagues salary cap all you like, the game has to support a much higher number of professional players than Union ever will in this country and obviously the dollars have to spread a bit thinner.

If the ARU was smart, they would take that 80 mill they made in the borefest last year and invest in some juniors that they may actually blood to the higher level instead of giving them hope, then buying real footballers instead.

LRC

All codes have their support... all codes have good junior growth... all codes make good money....all codes have something that someone may or may not like... all codes have a fututre...................you like one......you like 2 ....you like 2 but prefer one..........you like them all........you like none...............

I know what I like....

Get on with it!!!

iggy plop

First Grade
LRC said:
All codes have their support... all codes have good junior growth... all codes make good money....all codes have something that someone may or may not like... all codes have a fututre...................you like one......you like 2 ....you like 2 but prefer one..........you like them all........you like none...............

I know what I like....

Get on with it!!!

Another touchy, feely person - god love e'm.

goodknight_all

Juniors
swing_low said:
theyve lost the world cup, both of em should quit while they are behind

you are a tool. lote would be the premier winger if he came back to league. kicking and running game would be superior to any other winger in the comp. rogers has done alright for himself as well. i think alot of clubs would pay 300+ for them.

LRC

iggy plop said:
LRC said:

I know what I like....

Get on with it!!!

Another touchy, feely person - god love e'm.

Just trying to fight my inner demons... :evil: ;-)

eastsrule

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I wouldn't have any of them back.

They've made their beds, let 'em lie in it.

Pity that NRL pwoerbrokers and general Rugby Legaue fans don't feel that way.

MilitaryShark

Juniors
Rogers may be worth $250k to a club and Lote around the $300k but i doubt either of them will come back, i think its just a case of there management talking the price up............AGAIN :evil: :roll: :evil:

Kiwi

First Grade
Eastsrule

It took alot of money to get these players to convert to Union, thats all they went for, the money. Unlike union we have a salary cap, which means we can't and won't spend all the money on a few players. Also League likes to put alot of money into developing players, ect. So you keep those two, and we'll just keep developing more and more players to play the greatest game of all, Rugby League. You may steal the odd money hungry one or two in a world cup year, but thats fine, because unlike Union, League has more than one or two talented League players dominating the sport.

Australia would have been knocked out of the RWC early had they not had 3 League players in the team, it's gotta be hard knowing an "inferior" code has better players than union and is needed to supply these players ( who need alot of money to even think about swapping ) to win games. Hows Gregans replacement coming along? Found anyone in Leagues reserve grade bad enough to replace him yet?

ozbash

Referee
well said kiwi :clap:

Australia winger Lote Tuqiri has been offered the chance to make the switch back from rugby union to league with the Gold Coast.
The Gold Coast franchise has targeted Tuqiri in an attempt to strengthen its case to become the 16th team in the National Rugby League.

"We've had lengthy discussions with his management," said Gold Coast bid team director Michael Searle.

"To be brutally honest we probably have the best opportunity to pull him back."

Tuqiri played five Tests for Australia's rugby league side before switching codes to union at the end of 2002.

He said earlier this month that he had made a decision on whether to return to league, but would not make it public until the end of the Super 12 competition.

His NSW Waratahs team have failed to make the play-offs, which take place this weekend, and his contract is up at the end of the season.

The Gold Coast is competing with Gosford and the New Zealand capital Wellington for the available place in the NRL.

And the franchise is confident it would be able to afford Tuqiri's reported £160,000-a-season wage under the NRL salary cap.

"We haven't spent one cent of our cap," added Searle.

"Lote Tuqiri would certainly bring marketing revenue into our licence."

NRL chief executive David Gallop said Tuqiri would be welcomed back to the 13-man code.

"It would be pretty good to see Lote running out down here on the (Gold) coast," Gallop said during an inspection of the Gold Coast's proposed stadium.

"We would love to have Lote back playing rugby league, back in the week-in, week-out intensity that our competition offers."

sauce- da beeb

Latest posts