What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired bench rule to be changed

lockyno1

Post Whore
Natalie's Daddy said:
If anything it may increase this wrestling as the teams need more help getting back onside.

No it won't. Less interchanges- teams will not want to waste energy on wrestling on the ground. Good for the game.

Azkatro

First Grade
Skill is no longer king in rugby league. Halving the number of allowed interchanges will slow the game down a bit but it will also bring skill back to the fore as the primary weapon of attack. I would prefer that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well said Azkatro. Honestly the game at the moment, whilst I love it, has become boring. Get to the kick, score off the kick.

Look I may get blasted for this but I have always believed that if you score from a kick, you should not get a kick at goal. There is less skill at scoring from kicks than from set backline moves imo!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
the 10-4 is a go didea for now.

I thought when the ESL had 6-4, their interchange system worked very well. However going from 12-4 to 6-4 in one hit is too much.

10-4 in 2008
8-4 in 2010
6-4 in 2012 should be the way to go.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Natalie's Daddy said:
If you want 5 rucks in a row of dummy half runs then reduce the number of interchanges.

Dummy half runs come from the depth of the defence.

We used to have replacements only, and barely any dummy half runs.

Azkatro

First Grade
We got past the dummy half runs problem when we combatted the issue of surrender tackles. 2003 was the worst year for that.