What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans coach John Cartwright has quit while co-owner Michael Searle has also resigned

Sime_11

Juniors
big news for the tits, can only be a positive IMO. Give the reins to Henry and let him clean house in the off season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Matthew Elliott/Steve Price coaching super duo. Lock it in.

I'd say Henry would be the odds on favourite, but I'm wondering if Griffin might be interested in moving down the road as well.

maple_69

Bench
Yet it would only take Sticky one season to plunge the Tits to worse depths than Cartwright has ever managed, spoon season included.

Lambretta

First Grade
Griffin, Neil Henry are top of the list to replace Cartwright

The Titans recruited brilliantly to start with but after the first three years they just seemed to lose focus on how to refresh the team

They should have been moving some of the higher paid older players on two or three years ago and bringing in some quality younger players

For their position in QLD they don't seem to have much of a grasp on the development in SE QLD which I find strange.

They do have some talent at the club and when they're all fit they are a real danger side, but they are salary cap heavy in their forwards and thin on depth in every key position.

some11

Referee
Why does it always take so long for these true cleanouts to happen?

Good f**king riddance the both of you and bring back David May.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Griffin, Neil Henry are top of the list to replace Cartwright

The Titans recruited brilliantly to start with but after the first three years they just seemed to lose focus on how to refresh the team

They should have been moving some of the higher paid older players on two or three years ago and bringing in some quality younger players

For their position in QLD they don't seem to have much of a grasp on the development in SE QLD which I find strange.

They do have some talent at the club and when they're all fit they are a real danger side, but they are salary cap heavy in their forwards and thin on depth in every key position.

the Titans have a pretty good team

missing both their halves through injury was a big blow

The following is from nrl.com -

Cartwright quits as Titans coach

By Nigel Wall, Editor
NRL.com
2:59pm Tue 05th August, 2014

A "numb" and downcast Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has quit his post with two years left to run on his contract, with the Titans' clash against the Roosters on Monday night set to be his last in charge.

At a press conference on Tuesday afternoon Titans CEO Graham Annesley announced the resignation of Cartwright and also that of former CEO Michael Searle from the Gold Coast board.

Annesley said assistant Neil Henry would become the interim coach from Round 23, with the selection process for a new coach from 2015 to start immediately.

Annesley said that process was not expected to take long - suggesting either Henry or another candidate were already firmly in the frame.

In his eighth season at the helm of the Titans, Cartwright steered the team to the semi-finals in 2009 and the following year guided them to the grand final qualifier, where they were defeated by the Roosters.

[More to come]

DC_fan

Coach
Shame about Carty. While I haven't seen him for sometime I knew him growing up from a young kid. Always thought he would make a good coach. I still think he will.

I expect Cartwright to take up an offer from Ricky Stuart to become Assistant Coach at the Canberra Raiders.

Meanwhile Titans need their halves Sezer and Kelly back fit if they are to improve. That is their main problem at the moment. They certainly have the fastest backline in the NRL, but it is not getting its chances.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Matthew Elliott/Steve Price coaching super duo. Lock it in.

I'd say Henry would be the odds on favourite, but I'm wondering if Griffin might be interested in moving down the road as well.

Tell me this is a joke please.
Griffin has nfi and the tits would go backwards under him.
He would coach the current manly roster to ninth ffs.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Great news. Although Cartwright will probably move to Canberra and be an assistant to Sir Ricky Supercoach.

Searle will probably weasel his way back into the decision making at the titans.