What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tix for GB vs France on sale now

Coastbloke

Bench
Tickets for June's Frontline Test Match between Great Britain and France at Headingley Carnegie are now on sale with special discounts for all rugby league season ticket holders and children's tickets costing just 5 pounds.

The game, on Friday 22 June, will be Tony Smith's first in charge of the Great Britain team and the RFL is expecting a massive demand for tickets.

Keen to attract as many families as possible to the game, tickets are priced extremely competitively. Adult tickets for the game start from just 12, all children's tickets are priced 5 and a special family ticket, for two adults and two children in the upper tier of the new Carnegie Stand, costs 25.

The RFL is also rewarding the loyalty of all engage Super League and Co-operative National League club season ticket holders by knocking up to 5 off ticket prices. The cheapest adult ticket for a season ticket holder is just 9 with the most expensive 15.

For ticket information, please visit www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk or call 0871 226 1313.

Tickets are currently only available from the RFL ticket office.

News sent by: www.superleague.co.uk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be a great promotion for the International game if this sold out..

The RFL have to make sure they just don't rely on this press release to do the work for them. The ticket prices are competitive. Now they just have to promote it...

The French team would have a large Les Catalans contingent plus other ESL players...

Whilst I expect the Brits to win, I don't think it will be a major thrashing...

Maybe 33-16

:D :D

Coastbloke

Bench
There's hasn't been much talk about this on the International forums around the traps...

I a assuming it's not good news.

This is most disappointing. There is no reason why this shouldn't have sold out being no ESL matches on. The RFL had a fantastic opportunity here....

The biggest supporters of rugby league seem to be people on these sort of forums, not the administrators who run the game.... :( :(

bartman

Immortal
It'll be perhaps as big a crowd as an average Leeds home match I expect. However I know quite a few people that are going who don't normally go to matches, and will be going myself.

Won't sell out a mid-year international where the favoured team has picked a decidedly experimental team. And the new GB kit they will be wearing is not on sale for a few more weeks... how's that for lost potential for launching/selling it at the game?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
This is why GB ruin the international game.

They blurt on about Australia doing nothing... then the no more than 8,000 fans themselves can't be arsed travelling 30km to travel to a game.

What did they get for a game vs NZ in Blackburn in 2002 ?.. about 16,000 ?.. a good 25 miles away.

teamGB

Juniors
a good 25 miles from where?? i kno we travel less distance but there will be more cars on M62 between 5 and 7 oclock on friday night then there is in the whole of australia mate... i know the rfl have made a few balls ups with this game (day and no promotion) but give them a bit of a break!

roughyedspud

Coach
we have more cars in britain than australia has people.....;-)

having the game @ 7:30 on a friday night pretty much stops anyone who does'nt live in the greater leeds area from going because anyone from the manchester,wigan,warrington st'helens even hull areas will have to battle rush hour traffic to get home from work then hit the M62,which is probably the 2nd or 3rd busiest motorway in the country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M62_motorway

i can't go because it's on a friday night,i work on fridays....i

if the RFL wanted it to sell out they should have held it on a saturday or sunday

Latest posts