What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNT - Officially Retired

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Yeah, loved big Pat but still would have TNT picked first winger in any team. Lote just behind Richards for mine.

1. TNT
2. Richards
3. Lote

N.C.

Juniors
Tuiaki gets extra points for his ability to find the line on the ground, but Pat wins because he's better under the high ball... a better all-rounder. If the Tank had've gotten another season or two under his belt he would have topped the list hands down, I reckon.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Tuiaki gets extra points for his ability to find the line on the ground, but Pat wins because he's better under the high ball... a better all-rounder. If the Tank had've gotten another season or two under his belt he would have topped the list hands down, I reckon.
If I'm at outside centre who do I want standing outside me = TNT
If I'm on the opposition wing who do I not want running at me = TNT

N.C.

Juniors
If I'm at outside centre who do I want standing outside me = TNT
If I'm on the opposition wing who do I not want running at me = TNT
Yes, I see your point. But please, just hear me out on this...

If I'm a cheeky opposition halfback, where do I want all my bombs to come down = TNT.
If I'm on the opposition wing, who would I rather be chasing down = TNT.

So that's +2 and -2 = TNT is right on the line.

If I'm the Tigers half-back, who's corner would I rather chip-bomb to = Pat

Pat wins @ +1.

Thanks and goodnight.

N.C.

Juniors
PS - I really must stress, I am devastated to think we wont ever see the Tank in full flight again.

Skitz68

Juniors
Watching that footage on youtube just makes the loss of TNT more painful .( HOW GOOD WAS HE ??? )

gronkathon

First Grade
Richards played 3 months of good football in the entireity of his stint with WT.

His dropouts were good, he knew how to finish but for the majority of his time with us he was a disinterested waste of space

N.C.

Juniors
Richards played 3 months of good football in the entireity of his stint with WT.

His dropouts were good, he knew how to finish but for the majority of his time with us he was a disinterested waste of space
Well, 3 months = half a season. Many of us would've been happy with that kind of consistency in the years leading up to 2005.

But even so, I tend to think it was a bit longer than that...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Don't mean to open up this argument again but after watching that footage of Taniela, I am quite certain he would have got to the try line against the Saints where Beau Ryan couldn't. He was unstoppable.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What a great winger - he could barge over the try line like a wrecking ball, but he also had good vision and footwork and a good turn of pace. A very complete footballer as well as a great bloke whose big personality shone on the field. It's awful that we'll never see him play again.

DanOz

Juniors

Mmmm - amazing how people can watch the same thing and see something completely different. Opinions vary as they say.

westie

Bench
Worth remembering that Richards was coming back from a horror run of really bad injuries. He's now absolutely devastating for Wigan especially as a goal kicker.

macnaz

Staff member
.I hope they can hold some thing for him at our first home game so the fans get a chance to thank him properly

westie

Bench
Saw the other day that Richards scored more points than 3 NRL teams did last year. Including more than 100 more points than Cronulla managed.

N.C.

Juniors
WT site says he's on a 1yr 2nd tier contract. He is named on Beau's wing for the Foundation Cup...