What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all the rugby league supporters out there...

Danish

Referee
Cant remember the first game I ever went to....

But the first game I remember going to is the Penrith vs Raiders GF in 1991. Bloody brilliant game and in my and my Dad's opinion the best GF ever.

First game on tv I can remember is the Raiders vs tigers GF in 89. I was only a tyke but i can still remember my neighbour cursing a blue streak when that field goal hit the cross bar. Watching it again a number of years later it really was a very mistake riddled game. I have no idea why people always claim it to be the best GF.

magpie_man

Juniors
My old man took me to a few Magpies v Tigers games at Campbelltown Stadium in the late '80s, I was too young to remember too much (would've been 4-7 years old).
The first game I went to that I really remember was Dragons v Tigers at WIN in 2000, a Dragons-supporting schoolmate and I drove about 5 hours up from the far south coast of NSW for it. Wests won :D and Skando and Mundine got in a punch-up. That was the game where halftime was called too early as well coz of the phantom siren and Wests had a scrum in good attacking position.
My first TV game would've been a State of Origin in the late '80s, they were the only times I was allowed to stay up late for and I used to go to bed in tears when Queensland won (which was often in those days :( ).

Jono Russell

Bench
I was about 10 years old and it was a Dogs vs Manly game at belmore.

My first ever sharks game was vs brisbane at sharks park. i cant remember how old I was but I do remember teh score was 12 - 10 brisbane scored on the buzzer and missed the kick so we won.

stitch6004

Juniors
The first game i watched was brisbane vs canterbury i think it was round 9.watched it at my uncles house i was about 9 years old and i traveled from our farm in the waikato to auckland to see it.
The warriors first game was awesome we had atleast 70 people over to watch the game

The first game i went to was brisbane vs sydney on mothers day 1999 at anz
And i got to see my sharks in action when they played the warriors here in perth 2 years ago.

Pigskin

Juniors
Attended - 1976 GF ... Western Suburbs Panthers def Eastern Suburbs Tigers 16 - 1 ... I cried under the seat at the end of the game and all the way home ... back when footy was real footy

Watched on TV - (from memory anyway, I'm sure there was earlier games) ... that GF where Steve Gerin took the bomb and scored ... don't care to look up the year, the opponent or other details - BRL was all we worried about up here in those days

Oink !

bazza

Immortal
The first game I went to was my dad taking me to see Parramatta v Canberra at Belmore.

It must have been either 1983 or 1984. Watched all three grades but left before full time of first grade

I remember thinking every parra player with a blonde mullet was Peter Sterling - and there were a fair few of them.

Also sitting in the grand stand at Belmore during the lower grades you would often see the first grade players sitting in the stand waiting for their game

first game I can remember going to was between Balmain and Penrith at Leichhardt Oval in 1998, I was 8 years old. Tigers won it 30-10. Someone scored a hat-trick can't remember who though.

wittyfan

Referee
My first game was Cronulla vs. Easts at the old Sydney Sports Ground in 1985. The Roosters won something like 25-18, and the great Dean Carney was on the wing for the Sharks.

fulltime

Juniors
my first memory of going to any football was in the very early 80's(82 by my memory) when I was 6-7yo.

it was Tigers vs Dragons and Leichhardt was jam packed and so I could see the game, my dad tossed my older brother and I on top of the toilet block on the hill.

it was fantastic and I was hooked that day despite the tigers losing narrowly from memory it was 15-13 or something like that.

Why this sticks out however to me is that I remember spraining my ankle getting down from the roof of the block, and apparently as the story has been told to me, I refused to get carried home my either my dad or my brother (we lived about 1km from the ground) because I saw a tigers player get injured and keep playing in the game and I hobbled home with them just helping me every now and again to cross roads.

They said after the initial cry I had when I first did it, I didn't make a sound on the walk home, and after it cooled down I apparently couldn't walk for more than a week.

nowdays if I get a headache I whine like bitch. :D

Hutty1986

Immortal
The first game I ever remember watching on TV was a Bulldogs Vs Manly game... not sure of the year but I'm guessing it was maybe 1992 or 1993-I was only about 6 or 7 at the time. I even had a Bulldogs jersey back then... just shows how long ago it really was!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
First game watched on tv...it was a state of origin game. don't know what year and don't know what series. I just remember watching the Blues demolishing the Maroons. haha

First game attended. Warriors v Raiders '03 semi-finals. Beauty of a match.

Hutty1986

Immortal
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
First game watched on tv...it was a state of origin game. don't know what year and don't know what series. I just remember watching the Blues demolishing the Maroons. haha

First game attended. Warriors v Raiders '03 semi-finals. Beauty of a match.

I'm sure Jason Bulgarelli agrees ;-)

Knight87

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
first game I can remember going to was between Balmain and Penrith at Leichhardt Oval in 1998, I was 8 years old. Tigers won it 30-10. Someone scored a hat-trick can't remember who though.

I'm pretty sure it was Laloa Milford who scored the hattrick (from memory, the match was one day after my birthday:D

J T said:
I'm pretty sure it was Laloa Milford who scored the hattrick (from memory, the match was one day after my birthday:D

maybe, the only Tigers player I knew in those days was the great man (Sirro)