What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Ciraldo fans.

blacktip-reefy said:
Ciro is fine.
He does however, need a coach with ability.
Raper & Lam, are far from that.
pretenders.

I agree with taht Reefy, but all the players would be better, with a coach who knows what they are doing, but Ciro is struggling in a ordinary team

mr_sharks

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Ciro is fine.
He does however, need a coach with ability.
Raper & Lam, are far from that.
pretenders.

So you think the coaches told the players, Ciraldo included, to miss the tackles???
FFS that's rich.
What would you do differently if you were coaching....Have Ciraldo as captain:lol: :lol: :lol:

mr_sharks

Juniors
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
I agree with taht Reefy, but all the players would be better, with a coach who knows what they are doing, but Ciro is struggling in a ordinary team

If we judge a coach on Premierships, isn't Raper suitably qualified, and "knows what he's doing" because of his success in England?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The game depends on the halves. hooker half back.
without that combo, the team will struggle.
now Kimmorley clearly lacks on skills as much as he has cofidnece & tenacity.
unfortunatley, the latter gets you nowhere, in limited interchange game.
the defense at half back needs to be better. Much better.
kicking improvement 400%
left defensive structure 200%
That wiull get your club around the entrance to the 8.
Now, its creativity time.
kimmorley? FFS!!! KTFI! Raper? !!! FFS!! KTFI!!!! Lam?? FFS KTFI!!!!

Nullajet

Juniors
Surely said:
Well they would have delivered the blow but the try was disallowed.

They've set the standard now, better outlaw cutout passes incase the imbecile defender goes for the wrong man.

That and the penalty on scott for a late tackle on the kicker, which led to a try were disgraceful decisions.

I agree with the terrible decision on the head high....but the shepard call on the Bailey try was spot on..Orford was clearly hit by the dummy runner and taken out of the line of defence....he was in good position to have got across to assist in the tackle of simmons had he not been collected by the player running through....it is simple...if you are a decoy..dont run into the defender and take him out....different if the defender comes across and attempts the tackle...but i didnt think that was the case in that call tonight.

chili pepper

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
The game depends on the halves. hooker half back.
without that combo, the team will struggle.
now Kimmorley clearly lacks on skills as much as he has cofidnece & tenacity.
unfortunatley, the latter gets you nowhere, in limited interchange game.
the defense at half back needs to be better. Much better.
kicking improvement 400%
left defensive structure 200%
That wiull get your club around the entrance to the 8.
Now, its creativity time.
kimmorley? FFS!!! KTFI! Raper? !!! FFS!! KTFI!!!! Lam?? FFS KTFI!!!!

I don't think he lacks the skills reefy - although I know you will disagree.

The BIG difference between Johns and Kimmorley is that Johns is content to guide the team around the park and TRUST the ability of others. Brett seems to think that he has to do it all himself and not give others the chance to shine.

Obviously Johns also has more skill - as he does on every other player in the modern era. But it's his teamwork that that really sets him apart from the others players in the game.

The Kimmorley-Dykes combination could be a winner for us but I get the feeling that there is a bit of an ego clash that is preventing them from forming a great partnership - and I think it largely stems from Kimmorleys insistance of running the show.

Let Dykes - and others for that matter - have a larger part in playmaking, kicking, direction around the field, etc and we will be a much better team.

But I doubt his strong personality will allow that to happen. Such a shame - because it not only weakens the Sharks performance but also his own personal game!

bluey

Bench
Chilli for mine kimmorley is not doing it
I could blame the coach ( which i do)
but i still dont think any more that kimmorlely is the half back to bring us glory ihope i am wrong.( just a personal opinion that has been formed over a a coule of years).
Ask yourself and be honest about it what does he bring to thre team?

chili pepper

Bench
bluey said:
Chilli for mine kimmorley is not doing it
I could blame the coach ( which i do)
but i still dont think any more that kimmorlely is the half back to bring us glory ihope i am wrong.( just a personal opinion that has been formed over a a coule of years).
Ask yourself and be honest about it what does he bring to thre team?

Not doing what?

Not nearly as much as he could!

bluey

Bench
just the obvious
Lack of of the right options
Inadequate kicks
Poor option when to run
Cannot follow the ball in attack( may be a simple wrap around )
Don't even start me on his inside balls
let alone his in ability to tell or get the forwards to run simple line towards the end of a game.

ECT ECT ECT

newman

First Grade
Cameron is practically my younger brothers best friend. He has been in my parents house immeasurable times.

The kid has worked his guts out to get a start in firsts. Ando promised him a start way back when, and when he left, he got put back into flegg and told to bulk up. The guy ate until he spewed. Shined for Newtown again and again, ignored numerous offers. Now he gets his chance....

I sent him a text message this morning wishing him luck. Unfortunately, that luck has eluded him. Hes a tall prick, just like me, and we are predispotioned to tackle with our arms. He knows this, but tonight couldnt forget it....

Cam is a capable football player, but tonight and last week, made him look out of his depth, flailling and scared. Its a symptom of our club.... Not his fault. BUT. He had his chance that he worked so hard for, and im afraid, he failed.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No he didn't.
The yardstick is Simmons.
You can push the opposition over the tryline for atry.
You can drop a corner bomb because you are scared to look at it.
You don;t have to know where to stand.
You can play like Kimba.

no. Ciro did a lot better than that criteria.
AND, he should never, ever have been promised anything like that from Anderson.
Now wonder the caarrrnt cant coach & wont coach.

Ciraldo failing to ground the grubber kick was a hugley costly error. Of all the forwards at the moment he seems to be the most likely to make way for Gallen in my opinion.

tye

Juniors
He was pretty bad last night, spilling the ball and racing up out of the line to allow the last manly try, but untill gallen becomes available id like to see them to stick with him, why was he playing in the centres alot of the night? i know when covell was in the bin he was out there but other times as well.

Special K

Coach
I like Ciraldo but I thought last night he was shocking.

When he had the ball he looked scared and he kept trying to use his arms rather then shoulders in tackles.

I don't think he is a write off - far from it. But depending on how Trouble went in PL then Ciraldo might be back down there.

Shark

Bench
Cameron had a bad fumble, and took a guy a bit high which SHOULD have cost us 2 points.

Almost every other player made two similar mistakes somewhere in the game.

Don't crucify ONE player. Judge them as the TEAM that they are supposed to be.

Surely

Post Whore
Anyone who wants to bag Ciraldo's game, may do well to look at williams, and he has far more top grade experience.

I think Williams is becoming the new Bailey, get out in the centres and hog the ball, and what was with the pathetic kick on the last set ?

newman said:
Cameron is practically my younger brothers best friend. He has been in my parents house immeasurable times.

The kid has worked his guts out to get a start in firsts. Ando promised him a start way back when, and when he left, he got put back into flegg and told to bulk up. The guy ate until he spewed. Shined for Newtown again and again, ignored numerous offers. Now he gets his chance....

I sent him a text message this morning wishing him luck. Unfortunately, that luck has eluded him. Hes a tall prick, just like me, and we are predispotioned to tackle with our arms. He knows this, but tonight couldnt forget it....

Cam is a capable football player, but tonight and last week, made him look out of his depth, flailling and scared. Its a symptom of our club.... Not his fault. BUT. He had his chance that he worked so hard for, and im afraid, he failed.

Cammy was my best mate in primary school, and I know how hard he has tried to get to firsts. If he had of mopped up that grubber, there wouldn't be this thread.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The grubber....

Where was the fullback? Where would last year's fullback of been?

I'll tell you where this years "custodian" was. He was 5 metres right of where he should of been. He was 3 metres deeper than he should of been. All the while he was cowering with that same look of abject fear that has besmirched his Disneyesque Goofy face.

Shark

Bench
Spot on Frenz. Big bulky forwards aren't supposed to be mopping up. They're supposed to be hitting up.

Latest posts