What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the eels supporters....

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
ArturiusX said:
Alright, I'll concede this. But does Para have any emerging 5"8ths? I don't like dropping a guy just because you don't rate him, you still need an adaquate replacement, and does Para have one?

Marcus Perenara seems to be forgotten by everyone, he's a great young five-eighth and will be an international partnering Benji Marshall in the halves for NZ as soon as he comes into first grade.

Then there is Blake Green and Kris Keating, although neither are ready for First Grade yet from what I've heard.

Then players in other positions who can play five-eighth like Brett Delaney need to be considered aswell.

There are plenty of untested options and one is bound to work and work well.

Kornstar

Coach
Brett Delaney is a MASSIVE talent and they need him in First Grade next year, whether it be wing, centre, lock, 5/8th, we need him somewhere, he is just too good to see him leave when his contract is up!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
Blake Green wont see FG if he doesnt put in over this off season. He has been very disaapointing from what Ive seen.

didn't he sign with the chooks

Utey

Coach
Twizzle said:
didn't he sign with the chooks

No!!! He will be there next season, hopefully having a full year of Prems and seeing a bit of FG. Maybe a go during the trials.

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Marcus Perenara seems to be forgotten by everyone, he's a great young five-eighth and will be an international partnering Benji Marshall in the halves for NZ as soon as he comes into first grade.

Then there is Blake Green and Kris Keating, although neither are ready for First Grade yet from what I've heard.

Then players in other positions who can play five-eighth like Brett Delaney need to be considered aswell.

There are plenty of untested options and one is bound to work and work well.

Have you been watching Premier League? He has been playing half and pretty dismally at times IMO. IMO he will make a better lock int he long term. I had a friend from NZ who has massive wraps on him playing there and likened him to Jimmy Dymock.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
This was Morris' full season playing at 5/8th....as much as T.Smith will be a better player next year so will morris!
We dont need to change anything, our team is perfect for next year!
We got experience, we got youth, we got up an comers challanging for the top spot and we got desire!
Oh we can change one thing, Fui's identity....so he wont have any carry over points and loading lol

Utey

Coach
I think Morris compliments Smith well. There were plenty of articles saying the same thing and watching our games it was a large part of our game keeping each player on different side of the rucks, when Timmy was on the right the bomb to a winger went up to Grothe etc etc.

I dont normally post on other clubs websites but I would just like to offer a big "well done" from all Melbourne Storm supporters for the year that the Eels had.

I for one hate it when the top clubs throughout the season get knocked out of the finals by a lower club.

Your team is awesome to watch and will be back next year better than ever.

Stay strong Eels supporters...see you next year.

Utey

Coach
kia ora storm said:
I dont normally post on other clubs websites but I would just like to offer a big "well done" from all Melbourne Storm supporters for the year that the Eels had.

I for one hate it when the top clubs throughout the season get knocked out of the finals by a lower club.

Your team is awesome to watch and will be back next year better than ever.

Stay strong Eels supporters...see you next year.

Good on you champ!

lucablight

First Grade
To the people who say Morris isn't a five eighth. How good is this Mateo fella? Does he have the playmaking skills?

Utey

Coach
lucablight said:
To the people who say Morris isn't a five eighth. How good is this Mateo fella? Does he have the playmaking skills?

He was in FG last year for 1-2 games. He is a bit to slow to be a 5/8 IMO. Howevere some will tell you that you dont need to be speedy to be a 5/8. He is a good lock/2nd rower with a poor attitude. He needed change.