What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby Rudolf - Ken Stephens medal nominee

Frenzy.

Immortal

2023 Ken Stephen Medal finalists confirmed

The 2023 Ken Stephens Medal finalists have been confirmed by the NRL, which recognises the efforts of an NRL player who has not only achieved success on the field but has given back to the community of the field.

The Ken Stephen Medal finalists have been selected from the NRL Community Team of the Year and recognise their contributions off the field to community service.

“The Ken Stephen Medal – Man of the Year is one of our games highest honours, showcasing the community contributions made by our NRL players off the field," Andrew Every, Executive General Manager Participation and Community, said.

With the support of Westpac, the Ken Stephen Medal recognises and celebrates a players' commitment to community, going above and beyond in their involvement in charity work, youth development or community support. Westpac have been instrumental in their support of the 2023 Community Awards."

This year will be the 35th time that the Ken Stephen Medal will be awarded. Previous winners included Wayne Pearce, Ryan James, Joel Thompson, Johnathan Thurston, Nathan Hindmarsh and Ronaldo Mulitalo.

Finalists​

Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)

Jamal Fogarty (Canberra Raiders)

Toby Rudolf (Cronulla Sharks)

Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)

shadowboxer

First Grade
Put Toby in a cannon and shoot him in the direction of the Dolphins. He can get some coin for his comedy stylings in QLD - starting at twin towns

DJDL

Bench
Good on him.
Cops shit around here (see above post) but he’s all heart.

As maligned as he is, he always takes the tough carries and brings good energy.

More than I can say for some other borderline horrifically underperforming members of the squad.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Good on him.
Cops shit around here (see above post) but he’s all heart.

As maligned as he is, he always takes the tough carries and brings good energy.

More than I can say for some other borderline horrifically underperforming members of the squad.
Plenty of great people out there working their backside off for charity. The medal is for those who have achieved that and success on the field, Toby misses the part on field by plenty.
Hard offseason for him - it’s go time at his stage of career, or yeah just become another Woodsy.

Special K

Coach
Toby has the worst body language of a professional athlete I have ever seen. He never looks fit and will then pull off a 15m run through 3-4 defenders!

One thing that got me was he called to the bench to come off after an error. Noakes brought him off but there was no replacement ready. Anyway someone went on and Toby dropped to the ground in front of the Roosters bench after his error that gave them the lead. Just walk the extra 5-10m and do it in front of your own. Little things.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Toby has the worst body language of a professional athlete I have ever seen. He never looks fit and will then pull off a 15m run through 3-4 defenders!

One thing that got me was he called to the bench to come off after an error. Noakes brought him off but there was no replacement ready. Anyway someone went on and Toby dropped to the ground in front of the Roosters bench after his error that gave them the lead. Just walk the extra 5-10m and do it in front of your own. Little things.
Like an U/11 kid who makes bad error then "has an injury"

Craigshark

First Grade
They were bringing him off after the Wong try.. he was half way off the field, and they changed their minds and hooked JC. He was well and truly gone by the time keary stripped it.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I had to laugh at Latrell's Ken Stephens profile outlining how he discreetly donates to grassroots league. Shades of Ted Danson being the "anonymous donor" in Curb Your Enthusiasm.