What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays Results

Jeffles

Bench
Lost both in the last 5 mins.

But the real fun of the day is the Reunion.

It was a long day for me. I got there quite early UNLIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE.

I have a feeling that the Shanghai Exile would have loved today's festivities. The game would have suited him too - 2 Barnes tries and Ben "Chicka" Cook gem of a touchdown ably assisted by the Moree Flash - Alf Duncan. But we lost. I really fell for the guys, particularly the Jim Beam cup team. Trev was feeling it but at least he improved on last year and should be congratulated for that. His recruitment has also been good.

Having a slash in between Johnny Raper and DlCK Poole was a personal highlight. Nothing peverted - just that I was between two former Australian Rugby League Captains.

Having the Temporary Bar at the front of the club worked well. Saved me lining up and I was able to get an Extra Dry pretty quickly. Once that finished it was back to the main bar for the Reschs. Geez I felt that this morning. The main bar staff wored well.

Of course it wouldn't be Reunion Day without some controversy. A Larger Than Life Newtown Figure (although he had recently lost 5kg) was seen abusing one of the young female barmaids at the club. He drove her to tears before maintaining his innocence when accused of such wrongdoing :lol:

There were initial moves to start a Portuguese Rugby League team. A few migrants (I won't name names) are keen on the idea after hearing of the Junkets formed by other migrants in Sydney. Isaac De Gois of Wests will be the first signing.

And so it ends for another year. We have a great club and nights like last night only strengthen my resolve to see it prosper.

Long live the Jets!

Glad to hear it was a good day (off the field). The reference to a "larger than Life figure" is intriguing indeed. I can think of a few candidates, but would appreciate a PM, Mr. Jeffles.

Indeed, here in Shanghai it was not quite the festive occasion we are so fond of come last Henson home game day.

I could claim that I held a Jets reunion day of my own all by myself at the New Town Club (Yan An Xi Lu, Shanghai), but that would be fibbing.

Still, I was with you all in spirit. I hope to get back for next year's festivities, even if it's only for the day.

Regards,
TDT-1

Newtown Ear

Juniors
Yes it was a great day but incompetant staff at the club is not good enough and should not be tolerated.Good on that guy. Its about time someone gave that place a good shake up.

Word on the street is that the 'larger than life charactor' is a real "go-getter" within the Newtown club and he's planning on one day taking over the Jets sports club and relocating to Salisbury Hotel in Stanmore, so it's close to the original Jets Leagues club and close to the Portugues community for the formation of the PRL.

Jeffles

Bench
Obvioulsy this bloke was just throwing his weight around in no uncertain terms. He wanted to show the world who's boss. He doesn't care who he hurts in the process.

Bluebag

Juniors
HPH it is noted the person is only a part time visitor to the club and helps out only when it suits him and yes he is also the CEO of the new Portugese RLF. eh Jeffles.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
We all know whos boss Jeffles she made that perfectly clear on saturday.Shame shes not such a great driver though, got the caravan bogged.