What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney released from Roosters

bileduct

Coach
With Toddles getting the flick from the Roosters, who here would take him back at Canberra?

I would.

I can forgive him for his past ( if it is my place to as a fan ) , I also know he is a talent on the footy field.

But I cant see it ending well if we signed him again.

We all knew it was only a matter of time when he signed for the Roosters.

I wont rip up my membership or stomp my feet if we signed him but I would not be suprised to wake up one morning to see Todd Carney splashed over the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

There would have to be conditions if we signed him and they are probably the same conditions he rejected last time. So the question should be , would Todd want to come back to the Raiders under the same administration that was there that sacked him?

Timbo

Staff member
Shift McCrone to hooker and it looks like a pretty good combo...

Would need to be an ironclad agreement between him and the club. Stricter than the one that he refused leading to his sacking last time.

Could end in catastrophe, could lead to a premiership - who knows?

Doubt it'll happen though.

bileduct

Coach
I can't see him playing overseas because of visa issues, and surely we would have to be the club with the most money to burn. We would have to be a million under the cap for next season.

I wanted him out after the pissing incident, but I'm over it. I have grave doubts about us finishing any higher on the ladder than we did this year, so come home Toddles.

Cryptic

Juniors
He can play in France so will... The French will let anyone in (they actually will).

I might say f**king poor (no real shock there) showing from the Roosters... Couldn't even get the balls to sack him and after all he did the agree to let him go.... Wouldn't be surprised if they paid him out as well...

bileduct

Coach
I doubt he would convert to Rugby Union.

Catalan have already said they don't want him.

Cryptic

Juniors
I just really don't see a spot for him... He is a 5/8... We have two of them already.... And while we sorta need a half until Williams can bulk up and learn to tackle (although this could happen in the offseason) unless he can be a hooker I really don't see a use for someone with his price tag... Unless he comes back on his knees and offers to work for almost nothing...

And even then, I would be a bit pissed if we signed him still... Why place any faifth in someone who has repeativly shown he has no intention of changing?

sydraider

First Grade
Heard he was at the lighty yesterday hanging out with some former team mates, pretty funny, first thing he does after being released is head straight to belco.

Id take him back, just sign him on a one year deal and hope he doesnt piss on anyone.

legend

Coach
IMO, we have cleared the decks to sign Carney and he will be with us once the pre-season training commences.

nickraider

Juniors
I would have him back on a one year deal. If he can stay out of trouble and recapture the form of 2010, we may actually do ok next year.

aussies1st

Staff member
As mentioned he's more a 5/8 than halfback and we would still be missing a player with a short kicking game. But it was hard to see him kill it at the Roosters so I wouldn't be annoyed and if he happens to stuff up again in 1 years time then Williams will probably be ready to kick on.

Nick he'd play well for 1 year then go on a massive 3 year deal elsewhere.

lol @ some of you guys tearing down the crosses you had him on to welcome him back!

LOL@WAIDERS For the win.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Nick he'd play well for 1 year then go on a massive 3 year deal elsewhere.

lol @ some of you guys tearing down the crosses you had him on to welcome him back!

LOL@WAIDERS For the win.
Yes, just like how you guys did the same when you signed Willie Mason.

supera

Juniors
having thought about it, I'd take him back. wouldn't pay him much, and would keep him on a short leash, but I'd take him.

when I think about all tge problems of this season, the biggest one I think has been the complete lack of imagination and risk taking at all levels of the club.

carney would be a massive risk, but the potential rewards are huge.