What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney released from Roosters

mongoose

Coach
I would take him back. He didnt do anything wrong at the Roosters, just broke some unrealistic alcohol ban.

6. Carney
7. Campese

9. McCrone

I think Campese is a better organiser than Carney. Carney just needs to inject himself at the right times and let Campo run the show.

typicalfan

Coach
I would take him back. He didnt do anything wrong at the Roosters, just broke some unrealistic alcohol ban.

6. Carney
7. Campese

9. McCrone

I think Campese is a better organiser than Carney. Carney just needs to inject himself at the right times and let Campo run the show.
A bit like the one the Raiders put on him. An alcohol ban is for his own good. Not just footywise either. The Roosters imo didn't do enough.

Raider_69

Post Whore

6. Carney
7. Campese

9. McCrone

Id like to see McCrone trialed at hooker and i think he could be dynamic out of there, but otherwise if we do take Carney back, Campese moving to 7 is absolutely the only way to make it work imo

am i willing to let sam williams go for todd? im not so sure

shear_joy9

Coach
mccrone doesn't have the defence to play 9. Plus why would you play him there when buttriss is the clubs best hooker by miles. Waddell has shown some good form for sl recently so he would be backup.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Mccrone go?

What have you seen from Williams in first grade? Nothing. Sure he has potential but. There is no guarantee he will be the player you expect him to be.

The man love for Williams is ridiculous. Mccrone is the reason we did not win the spoon.

We avoided the spoon an f/a anyway so it's not much to right home about.

McCrone's inconsistent. He needs the dominant player in Campo out there calling the shots. He improved a lot this year, but I think we really should trial him at hooker.

Anyway on Carney, I'm undecided. We all know he's an unbelievable talent, but he f*cked us over royally. If we did sign him, it should be under some pretty stringent conditions.

He needs someone to get in his ear and show him that he needs to grow up. Maybe the new captain Campo should take him under his wing. He's married, he's got a kid, he has stability in his personal life. He doesn't have to go out and get pissed and act like a f*ckwit all the time. They're around the same age and good mates. If we sign Carney, Campo will pretty much have to be his minder. It will be his first task as captain.

I don't see it happening.

Cryptic

Juniors
If we sign Carney, Campo will pretty much have to be his minder. It will be his first task as captain.

I don't see it happening.

Nor would we want to... Campese is a great player but he needs to keep his mind focus on the job at hand... Not keeping Carney's dick in his pants (more so the pissing on people) and face out of the media (at least for the wrong reasons)...

Campese is going to have enough on his shoulders next year already...

Carney could be one of the best 5/8 running around but I doubt he will ever reach that potential due to his off field issues.