What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

sharks4ever

Juniors
With todd Carney In trouble again for driving while disqualified would we consider signing to the sharks if he gets his contract torn nup from the raiders cause look how good misi has been for us after incodents with alchol

sharks4ever

Juniors
Quasimodo Konsty said:
Konsty thinks that this has to be Inferno's alter ego, for only he could come up with a suggestion like that!

no its not his alto ego i can assure u

and i forgot to put in IF he doesnt go to Jail

jc155776

Coach
Coastal Shark said:
I doubt it.

Naiqama ring any bells.

Nauquama appealed his weekend detention.

Now hes out for the season any reason not to go to jail is kinda void so he will cop it sweet.

Naquama was not charged with negligent driving or failing to stop for police.

He's f**ked.

jc155776 said:
Nauquama appealed his weekend detention.

Now hes out for the season any reason not to go to jail is kinda void so he will cop it sweet.

Naquama was not charged with negligent driving or failing to stop for police.

He's f**ked.

I don't think so. Naiqama had several disq. drive matters which are worse than neg drive or fail to stop.

He will not go to the big house. Licence disq (again) for 2 to 5 years, massive fine and probably community service as well as suspended sentence.

Stuart

Juniors
Carney has 2 previous (i think, maybe just one) drink driving convictions and his licence is disqualified for 5 years.

Last drink driving offence he was increadibly lucky not to go to jail.

Jail is a definate possibility. The only think in his favour is that it was in the ACT, the ACT courts are generally a little softer on these sort of crimes than the NSW courts...

Coastal fail to stop is big......... It's very big.

He will get a look in at the big house for sure.

When he has done his time he is more then welcome here.

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Stuart said:
the ACT courts are generally a little softer on these sort of crimes than the NSW courts...

You're not kidding .. just had a recent one where an unlicensed, uninsured driver in a stolen car under the influence of drugs failed to stop, then when evading police killed another driver in an "accident". Jail term you'd think? Weekend detention would you believe....

Funny thing is our tinpot local government has decided the one thing we REALLY need (more important than water, schools and hospitals) is a prison. God knows who they're going to put in it......

jc155776

Coach
Coastal Shark said:
I don't think so. Naiqama had several disq. drive matters which are worse than neg drive or fail to stop.

He will not go to the big house. Licence disq (again) for 2 to 5 years, massive fine and probably community service as well as suspended sentence.

Failure to stop is huge.

Inferno

Coach
What happened to Naquima, season ending injury?

It would be a good pickup, but if he faces time, I think the only place he could go would be OS.

Not worth the bad press I am afraid, especially for a club like ours trying to carve out a new image for ourselves.

tye

Juniors
I don't care what anybody says Latu was made an example of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jc155776 said:
Failure to stop is huge.

No it's not.

I had 18 years in Policing and there are far more serious traffic related matters than failing to stop.

And it is the ACT. Liberal Courts and no prison of their own.

Recent 3rd time convicted drink/disq driver in QLD within 5 years - no gaol.

Worst case scenario - as in Wes - weekend detention but during the week. f*cken joke but that's the courts and well, if you're someone important to someone important that's how it goes......

jc155776

Coach
Was your time in the polcie force in the last year when the offence has been upgraded??

New laws came in the same time as spitting on a cop became serious assault.

I can see your "no jail" point but weekend detention makes the merkin useless anyway.

jc155776 said:
Was your time in the polcie force in the last year when the offence has been upgraded??

New laws came in the same time as spitting on a cop became serious assault.

I can see your "no jail" point but weekend detention makes the merkin useless anyway.

That's the offence in Qld and trust me, it's still not that serious.

It has been serious assault to spit on a copper for quite a number of years. It was just the dictator, sorry the premier of Qld making a headline grab.

If he goes to prison on weekend detention it won't be the weekend. It's called periodic detetntion, and like Naiqama it will be week days to suit the team and the game.

Having said all that, if he is that persistant an offender and that stupid, let him go to the big house and meet some new play mates. Rugby League doesn't need him or anyone like him.

fatshark

Bench
We have to keep the good family/catholic values in the club, therefore we dont wont him.
Put Simmo in halfback.

Frenzy.

Immortal
For those who don't realise it, in NSW failure to stop can also draw an escape lawful custody charge depending on some circumstances. I don't know if this is the same in the ACT.

I can't see any way in the world he'll avoid the Big House this time.

Oh and Coastal, I am pretty sure the new Alexander Maconochie Centre is open or due to open. I know for a fact they are recruiting staff now. I think Carney will have a home to go to.

Latest posts