What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomkins or Dugan

mickeylane

Bench
Following the report in the Sunday Tele by James Phelps Dragons are front runners for Wigans Sam Tomkins!!
IMO Tomkins is the 3rd best FB in the world behind Slater and Inglis and an amazing attacking player who is also well priced at $400k per season!

I love Dugan and want him at the Dragons now BUT do we stay patient and land Tomkins for 2014 and feature a UK Rep spine of Tomkins/Widdup/Chase..... I say stay patient and secure Tomkins!

I must admit Our team in 2014 is shaping up to be an amazing attacking machine - I can't believe this turnaround in fortunes .....

Crescent dragon

Juniors
I have said on this topic before that Tomkins would be the best buy for our club. Versatile and brilliant and tough. An excellent half as well!!

Steelman

Juniors
Roosters boss Nick Politis has set his sights on signing Tomkins for 2014 as a straight replacement for Minecello. So it comes down to Politis versus Doust mmmm and the winner is??

64 Dragon

Coach
It's all paper talk. If everything the papers print about us was true we would have 50 1st grade players signed up and 10 coaches coaching them.

Fire

First Grade
Following the report in the Sunday Tele by James Phelps Dragons are front runners for Wigans Sam Tomkins!!
IMO Tomkins is the 3rd best FB in the world behind Slater and Inglis and an amazing attacking player who is also well priced at $400k per season!

I love Dugan and want him at the Dragons now BUT do we stay patient and land Tomkins for 2014 and feature a UK Rep spine of Tomkins/Widdup/Chase..... I say stay patient and secure Tomkins!

I must admit Our team in 2014 is shaping up to be an amazing attacking machine - I can't believe this turnaround in fortunes .....

DGBrunawaygolfcart.gif

nrlnrl

First Grade
Roosters boss Nick Politis has set his sights on signing Tomkins for 2014 as a straight replacement for Minecello. So it comes down to Politis versus Doust mmmm and the winner is??

I thought Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was being viewed as Anthony Minichiello's replacement ?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
When he's fit and playing, Dugan is a much better player then Tomkins. Sam Tomkins is a good player but he wouldn't be good enough for any of our rep teams.

The Enforcer

Juniors
With the new official signings and the rumoured signings, i just hope that someone in the office is adding it all up properly.

Gomarchin

Juniors

Roosters.

If we're up against the Roosters I'd say we've got next to no chance. Let's not forget the Roosters also have the "best" recruitment manager in Peter O'Sullivan who worked wonders as the Storm recruitment manager prior to the salary cap scandal in 2010...

nrlnrl

First Grade

Where was the article ? I've just been though the print edition & also nothing online?.
The only mention of Tomkins is the rumour that Politis is after him for the Roosters in 2014.

gypsy

Bench
I have said it many times on here before, Tomkins simply wouldn't have the same impact in the NRL.
He is tiny little merkin who is good in broken play, but not so good against good kick chases and set defensive lines.

Many people on here comment about him, but not too many would have seen him play too often.
Take it from someone who has.

goggles

Juniors
I'm still a fan of Beale, Cummins and Quinlan. Much rather blood and re-sign these guys, along with Rein and Weyman, than go after Dugan and Tomkins, tbh.
I think Ben Volavola from rugby would be worth a look, if we have to sign someone from outside...he'd be relatively cheap and has plenty of talent!

BennyV

Referee
When he's fit and playing, Dugan is a much better player then Tomkins. Sam Tomkins is a good player but he wouldn't be good enough for any of our rep teams.

I wholeheartedly disagree, I would take Tomkins over Dugan in a heartbeat. Seriously, the guy is a freak, you can't know what he would do in NRL because it's a different game over there, but he stands out in International matches against the best of Australia, so it's not unreasonable to think he would kill it here too.
Like Widdop, he's still fairly young and has his best years ahead of him.

Mr Red

First Grade
Tomkins will sign with the warriors. i have heard they have agreed to a deal where they will give the english club 3 current warriors players in return.

blaza88z

Coach
3rd best fullback in the world.. until he signs with someone else

then he's in the Moltzen category, right? :lol:

KiamaSaint

Coach
3rd best fullback in the world.. until he signs with someone else

then he's in the Moltzen category, right? :lol:

That depends. Alternatively it is, "I don't rate him at all", until we sign him and then it's "great pick up for the Dragons, he is a superstar".