What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomkins or Dugan

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would rather spend the cash on another half than a fullback as per the previus post we have Quinlan, Beale and Cummins. Rangi Chase would be a good signing.

If we had to choose you would have to say Dugan as he has the NRL experience over Tomkins. Alot of UK players have come over and not done much so there is a slight risk he will fail but then again Dugan's off field dramas will be a risk as well. If Dugan can stay out of trouble he will be a great addition.

How much would a player like Rangi demand to come back to the Dragons I wonder? Surely not too much? Do you think they can get him for 400k? If so pretty good buy?

Minh

First Grade
If we signed Tomkin or Dugan I'm sure there will be a lot of happy fans.

BennyV

Referee
Still a big "IF". Lets wait and see because I have a feeling if they sign neither of them there will be plenty of unhappy fans!!

I dont think so - we are fairly well covered next year for fullbacks between Beale, Cummins and Quinlan, having Tomkins or Dugan next year would just be an added bonus

possm

Coach
I dont think so - we are fairly well covered next year for fullbacks between Beale, Cummins and Quinlan, having Tomkins or Dugan next year would just be an added bonus

I think we really do need a topline fullback for this year and beyond. Cummins and Quinlan aren't tested at NRL level as yet and will most probably get their chance this year on a casual basis. I am hoping - if Dugan or Tomkins is performing well at fullback - Beale will go to center and if we miss Josh Morris, either Cummins and Quinlan will move to center or the wing.

I agree we should keep both Cummins and Quinlan at all costs. So it would be wise to extend their contracts now - maybe till 2017.

Minh

First Grade
Still a big "IF". Lets wait and see because I have a feeling if they sign neither of them there will be plenty of unhappy fans!!

Unless they sign another player of the calibre of a Josh Morris or a Gareth Widdop type signing.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Widdop can play fullback, at centre and in the halves, Tompkins and play fullback and in the halves and Dugan can play fullback, 5/8th and in the centres. If we can get 2/3 of these players then we have alot of possible combinations with a lot of potential for next year.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Beale can also play fullback, centre and wing.

Poor Beale, Injured so early I'd forgotten about him. Although If we do end up with all these "Marquee" signings in the outside backs, I'm not sure where that will leave him next year...

Lethal25

Juniors
Beale barely beat a tackle in his handful of games and he certainly won't gain any extra pace after rupturing an acl. He can't be the long term fullback, if it's not Dugan or Tomkins then either Quinlan or Cummins need to get a run this year.

I'd take Dugan given his size over Tomkins, we know he can play at this level and he's only 22. Sure he's a pisshead and a bit of an emotional fruit loop but at the end of the day he's only a footy player not the PM. Come to think of it Bob Hawke was PM???

Penrose11

Juniors
I heard that the dragons are trying to line up Carlos Tuimavave from warriors. Standoff who played centre and fullback for us last year before breaking hsnd in pre-season. Unsubstantiated but on the money from what I was told