What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy on NRL on Fox

chopsy_05

Juniors
Did anyone else see Tommy Radaunikas on NRL on fox. He was talking about how he initially scouted Alfie Langer. They asked him who else he scouted and he said that when he was working for the Tigers he was up in Caloundra and came across Thurston. Brought him to the Tigers attentiona and took him to a few games but the Tigers brushed him and he went to the Dogs. He maybe a grub but there's another one to add to the list that slipped threw the cracks.

Adman

Juniors
He's scum, and we were better off without him (see grand final 2005 ha ha), don't care about his abilities, he's scum and a childish whinger. Benji / Scott / Robbie and the rest, all far better sportsman in my opinion, all class. How Mathew Johns succumb to the hype and award that pr*ck 3 points and the Dally M over Robbbie, even though Thurston, got what like sent off twice in one season, how is that the greatest sportsman in league for that year? Bullsh*t.

*breathes*

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yes I know its hindsight, but have a look at some of the names that have slipped through the cracks of late. Folau, Hayne etc....

chopsy_05

Juniors
Well if thats the case then I was wrong about him but theres others and you know it.If you're happy with our signings and retention since the formation of the club i'd hate to see your missus cause you're easily pleased!

innsaneink

Referee
We lost Hoffman.
I dunno what Haynes circumstances were, didnt he join Cabra (a parra club) as a kid?
Ive never said im happy with recruitment, though Ellis recently is a good signing, our retention has been pretty good.
Lawrence
Tuiaki
Farah
Marshall
Fulton
Collis
Halatau
Gibbs

simon says

First Grade
We lost Hoffman.
I dunno what Haynes circumstances were, didnt he join Cabra (a parra club) as a kid?
Ive never said im happy with recruitment, though Ellis recently is a good signing, our retention has been pretty good.
Lawrence
Tuiaki
Farah
Marshall
Fulton
Collis
Halatau
Gibbs

You would have to say our retention of juniors is first rate......I dont mind a little Sheens bashing but in this area IMO you cant fault him.

chopsy_05

Juniors
We lost Hoffman.
Lawrence
Tuiaki
Farah
Marshall
Fulton
Collis
Halatau
Gibbs
I can't see how you can claim Ellis just yet. Yet to play for us and Super League is alot different to the NRL - He's a small in stature backrower - Is that really what we need? I'll reserve my judgement.
I remember an article in the paper last year on Hayne and i think 3 others indicating they were all from the Minto area and now all playing first grade yet not one for the Tigers. These guys are meant to be your beloved Wests boys yet they are slipping through the net.
I think Inu was another (not 100%) I guess Ronald can't have too much competition for Junior!

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yeah you're right 191cm and 100kgs, but he doesn't seem to have that busting the line hugeness that we need. As I said I'll reserve my judgement

simon says

First Grade
He is a line breaker in SL.....and an extemely aggressive defender to boot.

Normally I would agree that SL isnt a good marker,but this fellow has shone at the highest level against the best of the best.

chopsy_05

Juniors
4 Line breaks in 12 games - not exactly setting the world on fire. Look i think its a good if not interesting signing. His shape and game is similar to Heighno but whether he can do it in the NRL is a gamble.

Vicious

Bench
I can't see how you can claim Ellis just yet. Yet to play for us and Super League is alot different to the NRL - He's a small in stature backrower - Is that really what we need? I'll reserve my judgement.
I remember an article in the paper last year on Hayne and i think 3 others indicating they were all from the Minto area and now all playing first grade yet not one for the Tigers. These guys are meant to be your beloved Wests boys yet they are slipping through the net.
I think Inu was another (not 100%) I guess Ronald can't have too much competition for Junior!

It`s quite simple, "MONEY".
The Wests Magpies don`t have a lot of money to pour into their juniors, other clubs such as the Roosters (Paea brothers etc) and Parramatta (Hayne, Inu etc) know this and do their best to poach any promising young Wests juniors. Any 14-15 year old who is offered a couple of grand to jump ship will jump at the opportunity, the Wests Magpies aren`t in a financial position to regularly do this, hence the reason the Wests Magpies need to keep a close eye on the situation.
Another to escape the net is Michael Greenfield who is now starting to show his potential despite playing in the under achieving Souths side.

On Gareth Ellis, I too am reserving my judgement, but my gut feeling is that he`ll be a hit in the NRL, I just hope it doesn`t mean we lose either Heighington or Te`o because of it ?