What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonga RLWC train on squad

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
1. Fish
2. Taufua
3. Fonua
4. Hurrell
5. Tupou
6. Langi
7. Foster
8. Kite
9. Havili
10. Moi Moi
11. S. Manu
12. Taumalolo
13. Terepo

14. Seluini
15. Murdoch-Masila
16. W. Manu
17. Ta'ai

Gutted T-Rex, Fa'aoso, Tupou, Mateo and even young Tanginoa are missing out. Is Willie Mason injured?

tumbidragon

First Grade
That's actually a pretty strong squad. If they had a quality pair of halves, they could make a real fist of it.

roughyedspud

Coach
But they didn't pick him

the question is why not?...cos the tosh being peddled that he's not eligible because he "opted" for NSW is a crock of sh1t

james mcmanus actually played for NSW and was set to play for scotland till he go injured....danny brough opted in and out of england a few times..and played for england against the exiles and he's allowed to play for scotland..then theres Uate....

yet meteo is barred for just "opting"...c'mon theres something fishy here.....something is'nt right???

the laws are crystal clear...switches are only binding under RLIF law until you play for another nation! "opting in" or signing mythical "letters of intent" means nothing!....

so whats the real reason??

RedVee

First Grade
the question is why not?...cos the tosh being peddled that he's not eligible because he "opted" for NSW is a crock of sh1t

james mcmanus actually played for NSW and was set to play for scotland till he go injured....danny brough opted in and out of england a few times..and played for england against the exiles and he's allowed to play for scotland..then theres Uate....

yet meteo is barred for just "opting"...c'mon theres something fishy here.....something is'nt right???

the laws are crystal clear...switches are only binding under RLIF law until you play for another nation! "opting in" or signing mythical "letters of intent" means nothing!....

Who knows? I assumed when Uate was named for Fiji that all bets were off, and Tonga would seize the opportunity to name Mateo.
I was wrong.

roughyedspud

Coach
theres no "opportunity to seize" feleti is still a tongan international under RLIF law...THAT THE WHOLE POINT lol

hutch

First Grade

Yep, certainly something fishy here. He has been their captain for 5 years, now not even considered. Perhaps they are dirty on him for switching (or trying to switch) in a World Cup year?

MountainMan

Juniors
Taufua is HALF SAMOAN HALF TONGAN,his mother is Samoan born and bred as is his REAL father of Tonga.
What his step father is has nothing to do with it.
HIS BIOLOGICAL FATHER IS TONGAN BORN AND BRED.
He qualifies via his father NOT his step father

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Taufua is HALF SAMOAN HALF TONGAN,his mother is Samoan born and bred as is his REAL father of Tonga.

His mother is NZ born samoan...so not a born and bred samoan.

I read a story that he was raised by his Samoan Mother.
Which would normally equate to him putting his hand up for samoa.

But samoa are weaker.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors

Just going by what I've read on a few forums, and yes I understand that he wouldnt qualify for Tonga through a step parent.

hitman51

Juniors
Thats the rule on domestic players? I see samoa has picked there 5 but tonga seems to only have 1. I thought internatinal laws team are suppose to have 5 in the team.

hutch

First Grade
There are no rules. The last World Cup was meant to have 3 per squad, but tonga threatened to take the rlif to court so they scrapped it.

Springs

First Grade
Tonga seem to have the strongest squad outside the big 3. I'd pick them for the semis if they weren't set to meet NZ in the quarters.

Latest posts