What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonie Carroll? How many weeks?

munge

Juniors
Did anyone see in tonights Souths vs Broncos game in the 66th minute Tonie Carroll kneeing referee Tony De Las Heras in the head?. Im not sure whether it was deliberate or not, id be willing to give Tonie Carroll the benefit of the doubt, but regardless the referees need to be protected, otherwise one day we will have none.

Tonie Carrolls done this before, and I think he needs to be made an example of. You just cant go around kneeing referees in the head.

I think that should do him for the season. 8 weeks.

JW

Coach
Hands down the worst thing i've ever seen on a footy field. Despicable act. 20 weeks minimum and 50 lashes on the chin.

what a despicable, disgraceful act, carroll should be banned from the football field for the rest of his life........ffs, he kneed the wrong ref in the head......it should have been the video ref

what a despicable, disgraceful act, carroll should be banned from the football field for the rest of his life........ffs, he kneed the wrong ref in the head......it should have been the video ref

wow....allow me a moment to laugh.

That was really funny.

I would continue laughing, believe me, if not for the tragic circumstances.

My thoughts turn to the ref. You know, I could have been there tonight. In all probability I know I now should have went.

But let me tell you, I was disgusted enough sitting at home. What we had was a severely depleted broncos outfit getting thrashed by a hopeless souths side that dropped so many balls, the scoreline flattered them, their ability, their skill, their coach, their owners, their game, their families, and everything in between.

And then in the 66th, not only did we see a souths player knock over the ref (which I swear after 10 replays HE COULD HAVE AVOIDED and did it intentionally - note the bump he gave the guy!!) but then we have tony carroll, who is only back in the game temporarily, knee the poor guy in the head - BECAUSE HE was chasing down the aforementioned souths player like a blind IDIOT. And we all know after 10 replays, that it looked like Tony had a 95% chance of missing the ref IF ONLY he wasn't such a blind idiot.

Now take only minimal offence to Tony and the Souths player as I've never been so disgusted in my life, because it all could have been avoided. I get that it happened fast, but really, when you see the ref go down your first reaction should be to PULL UP TONY!! HALT!!! STOP! NOT CONTINUE TO CHASE DOWN THE RABBIT.

I hope both players are fined and suspended because of gross neglect into taking officials well-being into account.

I swear that if the nrl lets this slide, I will determine an already farcical matchup a complete and utter appalling espisode in the games history. I call upon the nrl to fine and suspend those players.

I am embarrassed to call myself a rugby league fan this year.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member

That was really funny.

I would continue laughing, believe me, if not for the tragic circunstances.

My thoughts turn to the ref. You know, I could have been there tonight. In all probability I know I now should have went.

But let me tell you, I was disgusted enough sitting at home. What we had was a severely depleted broncos outfit getting thrashed by a hopeless souths side that dropped so many balls, the scoreline flattered them, their ability, their skill, their coach, their owners, their game, their families, and everything in between.

And then in the 66th, not only did we see a souths player knock over the ref (which I swear after 10 replays HE COULD HAVE AVOIDED and did it intentionally - note the bump he gave the guy!!) but then we have tony carroll, who is only back in the game temporarily, knee the poor guy in the head - BECAUSE HE was chasing down the aforementioned souths player like a blind IDIOT. And we all know after 10 replays, that it looked like Tony had a 95% chance of missing the ref IF ONLY he wasn't such a blind idiot.

Now take only minimal offence to Tony and the Souths player as I've never been so disgusted in my life, because it all could have been avoided. I get that it happened fast, but really, when you see the ref go down your first reaction should be to PULL UP TONY!! HALT!!! STOP! NOT CONTINUE TO CHASE DOWN THE RABBIT.

I hope both players are fined and suspended because of gross neglect into taking officials well-being into account.

I swear that if the nrl lets this slide, I will determine an already farcical matchup a complete and utter appalling espisode in the games history. I call upon the nrl to fine and suspend those players.

nice speech dawg

Broncodr01d

Juniors

That was really funny.

I would continue laughing, believe me, if not for the tragic circunstances.

:crazy:

Please don't ever, ever, ever watch the UFC.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not hard to see there was already a topic on the matter.

munge

Juniors
I agree with the above.

Noone means to commit offences. High tackles are a reaction etc, often accidental and i bet this was the same. But this was careless. There was ample time for Carroll to pull out.

Hes gotta go. Either Tony Carroll goes, or so does our dignity.

Latest posts