What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight`s game

lingard

Coach
.....and Matt Keating gets the ball to Tim Mannah, who makes a charging run out of his own quarter. He`s tackled by three Warriors defenders, but gets a lovely pass out the back to Finch, Finch on to Hindemarsh who`s held up but gets a pass to Hayne. Hayne slices through the defense, passes to Finch; then back to Hayne on the run-around; Hayne floats a beautiful ball to Grothe coming on the inside; Grothe beats one, side-steps another and races fifty metres to score under the posts.

LATER........and it`s Reddy making a run again, slices through the centres, passes to Inu who holds the ball for one hundredth of a second and tips it on to Luke Burt who races in to score.

AND LATER ......Jarred Hayne - having a fantastic game, alternating between five-eight and centre - chips the ball from his own 10 metre line, re-gathers, chips again, this time picked up by Joel Reddy on the fly; he`s up over the half-way line, over the opposition twenty, fends off a desperate tackle by Wade McKinnon, and is in under the posts. Nathan Cayless calmly converts, and the EEls have won 83 points to two.

caylo

Bench
.....and Matt Keating gets the ball to Tim Mannah, who makes a charging run out of his own quarter. He`s tackled by three Warriors defenders, but gets a lovely pass out the back to Finch, Finch on to Hindemarsh who`s held up but gets a pass to Hayne. Hayne slices through the defense, passes to Finch; then back to Hayne on the run-around; Hayne floats a beautiful ball to Grothe coming on the inside; Grothe beats one, side-steps another and races fifty metres to score under the posts.

LATER........and it`s Reddy making a run again, slices through the centres, passes to Inu who holds the ball for one hundredth of a second and tips it on to Luke Burt who races in to score.

AND LATER ......Jarred Hayne - having a fantastic game, alternating between five-eight and centre - chips the ball from his own 10 metre line, re-gathers, chips again, this time picked up by Joel Reddy on the fly; he`s up over the half-way line, over the opposition twenty, fends off a desperate tackle by Wade McKinnon, and is in under the posts. Nathan Cayless calmly converts, and the EEls have won 83 points to two.

why the f**k would we kick a field goal if we were up anywhere near 83 points. I will call 30-6 though

Tries: 3 Hayne, Inu, Mateo
Goal: Burt 5/5

Hayne 2 Try assist, and scores two tries off his own back (one chip and chase, the other a beating 3 defenders with strength and his step) plus Mateo sets up his 3rd after Hayne collects a mateo offload on the inside to crash over close to the righthand post. Finch gets injured in the first half, Keating comes on and produces a great kicking game both short and long. Allows for repet sets in the ingoal, and holds onto the halfback position for the rest of the year.

Dally M Points
Hayne - 3
Mateo - 2
K.Keating - 1 (great kicking game)

One Warrior

Bench

You wish. :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
why the f**k would we kick a field goal if we were up anywhere near 83 points. I will call 30-6 though

That's obvious. Fuifui was attempting to put up a 'drop bomb', something I hear the whole side has been working very hard on in the off season as a new surprise technique. Unfortunately in this case the ball went through the posts so a field goal was awarded.

In all seriousness I think we'll get run over tonight, while hoping otherwise. I'd expect to lose say 28-12 or something like that. I won't be disappointed because it always takes a bit of time to get into the season and we've got the toughest game of the first round IMO.

eelz47

Coach
That's obvious. Fuifui was attempting to put up a 'drop bomb', something I hear the whole side has been working very hard on in the off season as a new surprise technique. Unfortunately in this case the ball went through the posts so a field goal was awarded.

it was a drop out that went 110 meters! lol

jono

Juniors

In all seriousness I think we'll get run over tonight, while hoping otherwise. I'd expect to lose say 28-12 or something like that. I won't be disappointed because it always takes a bit of time to get into the season and we've got the toughest game of the first round IMO.

Anyone remember a "field goal" Bob Fulton was awarded at the SCG in 1977 . He kicked a bomb through the goalposts , and none other than Hollywood Hartley awarded a field goal because he thought he'd drop-kicked it.
Fulton stood there in amazement.
True story

Ron Jeremy

Coach
'Cayless runs the ball up and is driven back ten metres'

'Burt lets the ball bounce, he now picks it up and is driven back into the in goal'

Ron Jeremy

Coach
lol Hayne is still on the ground in agony, number 12 has now been penalised...Hayne now back on his feet lol

Latest posts