What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights game

Ron Jeremy

Coach
First of all Cronulla played great and showed aheap of hunger and passion, they showed the depth they have and talent at their disposal, they will be a huge force next year.

Our side, we came back bloody well, yes a few very dogy calls? but hey Cronulla needed the bounce of ball ( litteraly) to go their way tonight after the bad luck they've had.

Our Positives

- Eric was very strong in the first half, but was given very little ball in the second half
- Riddell, superb and inspirational, a player we need
- Tahu, see above

Negatives

- Cayless, i thought he was very ordinary and i can understand if he's still very down, but maybe he should've taken another week off

- Cordoba, this guy has terrible hands, not a game goes by where he doesn't knock it on
-Tim Smith, done some good things but really field goals should've been left to Finch, the one he almost got was brillant though.

The game plan

Cronulla played our game tonight, they went wide often and reaped the benefits. We have a gun backline and i've said this over and over and over for the past 5 years, WHY AREN'T WE DOING SET PLAYS FROM THE SCRUM!!!!!!! we have a great backline and by utilising our backs on one on one situations eg scrums we have the potenital to score many tries, Cronulla done it and got a try, it was brillant, and this an area which is serveraly neglected and a potential gold mine for us.

Their is a backline move we always do, and it always ends up in Haynes hands, please Parra piss this move off or use someone else as it's very predictable and they read it all night.

Conclusion

We have to use our backline more often from any scrum, stoppage etc. We need to get into a position to use our backs on one on one situations, that's our x factor, why not utilise it.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
First of all Cronulla played great and showed aheap of hunger and passion, they showed the depth they have and talent at their disposal, they will be a huge force next year.

Our side, we came back bloody well, yes a few very dogy calls? but hey Cronulla needed the bounce of ball ( litteraly) to go their way tonight after the bad luck they've had.

Our Positives

- Eric was very strong in the first half, but was given very little ball in the second half
- Riddell, superb and inspirational, a player we need
- Tahu, see above

Negatives

- Cayless, i thought he was very ordinary and i can understand if he's still very down, but maybe he should've taken another week off

- Cordoba, this guy has terrible hands, not a game goes by where he doesn't knock it on
-Tim Smith, done some good things but really field goals should've been left to Finch, the one he almost got was brillant though.

The game plan

Cronulla played our game tonight, they went wide often and reaped the benefits. We have a gun backline and i've said this over and over and over for the past 5 years, WHY AREN'T WE DOING SET PLAYS FROM THE SCRUM!!!!!!! we have a great backline and by utilising our backs on one on one situations eg scrums we have the potenital to score many tries, Cronulla done it and got a try, it was brillant, and this an area which is serveraly neglected and a potential gold mine for us.

Their is a backline move we always do, and it always ends up in Haynes hands, please Parra piss this move off or use someone else as it's very predictable and they read it all night.

Conclusion

We have to use our backline more often from any scrum, stoppage etc. We need to get into a position to use our backs on one on one situations, that's our x factor, why not utilise it.
Agree with Cordoba his hands may have cost us at the end, needs alot of work in this department.

coolumsharkie

Referee
You guys had to be a little flat coming off the intensity of your last couple of games..

It's good to get all the kinks out before the semi's. Someones gotta beat the Storm.

shiftysmith

Juniors
the main concerns out of last night are our marker defense which has been a worry all year and the fact that parra just dont seem to win the close tight games which is something you have to be able to do for the whole final series

dazeely

First Grade
shiftysmith said:
the main concerns out of last night are our marker defense which has been a worry all year and the fact that parra just dont seem to win the close tight games which is something you have to be able to do for the whole final series

spot on there. DeGois was killing us. Lets not forget our defense out wide in particular down Grothe and Benny's side.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Cayless also has poor kick off returns

at least once a game he'll drop the ball from the kick off and more often then not it costs Parra a try.

Great player but should never take the first play from a kick off

Latest posts