What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights games was just AMAZING

chunk

Juniors
thats the way we play against every team,
even the ones at the bottom of the table

i suppose you didn't noticed we were cruising as well, or that you were playing near your best

First of all congratulations on the win, thouroughly deserved.

However I saw it differently I thought the Dragons played at their best wheras the Tigers were poor at times with some simple errors both in attack and defence.

Also any team missing their starting halfback will struggle.

If I'm a Dragons fan I would be wondering if that sort of football...methodical, can win the big games.

However if a team like the Tigers or Penrith can erradicate the errors maybe they have game to win in semi final football.

Just some thoughts

Gaba

First Grade
If I'm a Dragons fan I would be wondering if that sort of football...methodical, can win the big games.

However if a team like the Tigers or Penrith can erradicate the errors maybe they have game to win in semi final football.

Just some thoughts
but the other fans should think the same whether thier team can lift this year to worry the dragons defense.

It is shown the dragons are scoring at will without blitzing attack , where teams like the tigers who are attacking side more then a defensive side , were handled by the dragons

Last edited:

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
The last two tries were amazing. I was hoping for a close game but to see St George grab the donkey by the ass and run away with it was magical.

Was the minute silence for Michael Jackson?

No to the above.
It was for the three soldiers killed in Afghanistan recently.

Lancelot

Vic Mackey

Referee
No excuses, dragons were the better team and deserved the win.

Happy with the tigers performance, I'm confident we'll be there come September.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Lol... Dragons are the form side of the comp...no denying that... But to say that was an amazing game against a crippled side....i think not.. And, what's with the personal insults... Not cool.... Obviously a little boy sitting behind his computer thinking he's tough...goodluck to him.

I'd be twice your age and would gleefully say it to your face:)

Big Norm

Mr Red

First Grade
ok sanity check time...

point 1 - any tigers supporter who think Lui, fifita, moltzen and the other "B" graders would have made a difference is kidding themselves. the players we had out are of far higher calibre and if both teams were at full strength i suspect both teams would have played better, but our players out offer more to the team then the tigers missing "stars"...

point 2 - the dragons performance was hardly amazing.. although solid, we lacked spark in the first half and should have done a lot more in possession then what we offered... i have seen better

point 3 - our right side defence WAS A CONCERN. the tigers exploited us on several occasions and it was only bad finishing and our desperate cover defence (great work Ben Creagh and Kyle Stanley on more then one occasion) that saved us... as per my other thread Beau Scott has become a problem in defence and Soward missed A LOT of tackles..

all in all the better team won on the night, however both team were well below their best.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
ok sanity check time...

point 1 - any tigers supporter who think Lui, fifita, moltzen and the other "B" graders would have made a difference is kidding themselves. the players we had out are of far higher calibre and if both teams were at full strength i suspect both teams would have played better, but our players out offer more to the team then the tigers missing "stars"...

point 2 - the dragons performance was hardly amazing.. although solid, we lacked spark in the first half and should have done a lot more in possession then what we offered... i have seen better

point 3 - our right side defence WAS A CONCERN. the tigers exploited us on several occasions and it was only bad finishing and our desperate cover defence (great work Ben Creagh and Kyle Stanley on more then one occasion) that saved us... as per my other thread Beau Scott has become a problem in defence and Soward missed A LOT of tackles..

all in all the better team won on the night, however both team were well below their best.

Beau Scott a problem in defence? this is a gee up right?

Slackboy72

Coach
First of all congratulations on the win, thouroughly deserved.

However I saw it differently I thought the Dragons played at their best wheras the Tigers were poor at times with some simple errors both in attack and defence.

I personally thought we were well below par. Compared to the Parra game we were very ordinary. Morris hardly saw the ball and our right side was continually threatened.
That said the magpies still leaked 34 points. Do you think you'll go far leaking points like a sieve?

Also any team missing their starting halfback will struggle.

God I wish we had a halfback.

Just some thoughts

Fair enough but while we don't have the superstars we can do two things well:
1. Make good yards; and
2. Tackle for 80 minutes.
And it's these two that are killing other teams we face.

I think a lot of this comes down to fitness (and I would like to see a stat on how many tries we score in the last ten minutes) which is not an advantage we'll necessarily have in September.
We might have one advantage though....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizZzEbkmbw

dclayw

Juniors
No, it's not a gee up. Scott is a magnifcant defender but he can be shown up by the fast men out wide. That was clearly obvious last night. Scott will move back to the 2nd row anyway (I hope) and Gasnier's speed on that right side will fix the problem we saw last night.

cleary89

Coach
He was slow, chris lawrence got one on one and beat him on the outside twice I think.

Don't get me wrong I still love the guy, but thats the point he was making.

rainman44

Bench
I think the tigers will be there when the whips are cracking,very good side.I also think the saints will bring more to the table towards the end of the year,just some comments from one of the coaching staff at the dragons without going into it,makes me think we have some more attack to come.

Vic Mackey

Referee
ok sanity check time...

i disagree with point 1. moltzen is a real star and we've won 9 from 9 with him at starting halfback, he compliments marshall perfectly and has a brilliant running game. to say moltzen isnt a lose means you have clearly never watched him play halfback or you dont know anything about footy. moltzen has future rep player written all over him.

lui is average but he is a natural half, with him out meant we had to put a center there meaning our right side attack was basically null and void. lui also has a very good long kicking game. it was no surprise that we scored both tries down our left because marshall excuslivley plays there. we didnt even look like making a break on the right because there effectivley was no half to provide for ellis etc. at the moment lui is a 'B' grader, but he is our best option.

fifita isnt a loss, moors is playing better then him anyway.

imo stanley is already a better player then cooper, why you will be throwing a heap of cash at gasnier when you have this young star already is beyond me, what a player he is!

priddis is playing better then fien was for you and saints have front rowers coming out of their backsides. hunt whilst a very good player, is easily replacable.

in saying all that i never use injuries as an excuse. rugby league is the most brutal body contact sport in the world and you have squads for a reason. end of the day we put 17 blokes out there and so did you. your 17 clearly played better.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I'm a Tigers supporter but thoroughly enjoyed the game. Full credit to the Dragons, Bennett has them playing a very professional brand of football. Boyd is an outstanding fullback, far more consistent than Hayne.

Soward had a great game but he really needs to brush up on his defence.

Gotta love Lawrence and Tuqiri on the left.

boonboon

Juniors
Tigers fan here -Just wanted to say it was a fantastic performance by your team tonite, you really are such a well drilled methodical team. I was very impressed with my own team too last night (last 3 minutes when it was all over excluded).

I think for 75 minutes though both teams showed that they will be there when the wips are cracking probably along with Penrith and Manly as the 4 best sides.

Best of luck for the rest of the year and look forward to September. I just hope (although I know it wont happen) that all 8 teams in the finals are injury free so no one has any excuses. Also an apology on behalf of any tigers fans coming into your forum and abusing you - we arent all bad loosers (well at least most of us have the grace to rant and rave in our own area and not yours)

Cheers the Boonboon

dclayw

Juniors
What was AMAZING about the performance last night was that the tigers had 6 (might have even been 7) sets on our line starting around the 65th minute mark. It's not as if they didn't throw everything they had at us during those 5-6 minutes, they put on some pretty decent plays. We withstood that onslaught and then blew them off the park a few minutes later.

People see this as not being a true indication of the game, dragons just scored a couple of soft tries late in the game. The truth is we busted the tigers starting at the 65th minute mark. They were physically and more importantly, emotionally shattered at the 72nd minute.

patzz_

Juniors
Ill say this, moltzen is a terrific player and theres no doubt you are for the better with him there, but the other players you have out aren't a huge loss considering the players we have out at the same time.

And to say fien being out is nothing is an understatement, he was the best on the field before injury and in the trials.

Latest posts