What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonnie Carrol out Maitua in

DJH

Juniors
Just heard that Carroll is out and that Reni is in.

Nit sure if it is for the whole series as of yet.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Carroll was under a fitness cloud, wouldnt surprise me. But Maitua??

I wouldve thought Paul Gallen.

ouwet

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
Carroll was under a fitness cloud, wouldnt surprise me. But Maitua??

I wouldve thought Paul Gallen.

Maitua played in a team that finished 2nd in the regular rounds and made the Prelim finals... Gallen has played for a team that lost 10 in a row... both were great for there respective teams! Maitua was one of the Bulldogs best every week (Had a shocked against Brisbane) in a winning Team, Gallen was Cronulla's best in a losing team (Wouldn't be to hard to be there best),Which one deserves it now???

Dogaholic

First Grade
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs utility Reni Maitua has today been called up into the Kangaroos squad after Tonie Carroll was ruled out by medical staff.

Maitua, 24, will join Bulldogs team mates Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley and Andrew Ryan when the full Australian squad meets this morning at Aussie Stadium.

Source: Dogs site

miccle

Bench
Joke.

Hoffman and Gallen before this thug, surely.

Or they could've compensated for their lack of props by calling in Steve Price.

Travesty.

ouwet

Bench
miccle said:
Joke.

Hoffman and Gallen before this thug, surely.

Or they could've compensated for their lack of props by calling in Steve Price.

Travesty.

LOL... Thug:roll:
Broncos = Druggo's?

ledzep

Bench
I actually don't mind Maitua's selection
He's been in great form this year
I still cannot believe Price didn't make the squad though

roosterbooster1 said:
I actually don't mind Maitua's selection
He's been in great form this year
I still cannot believe Price didn't make the squad though

Yeah I agree, Maitua's selection doesn't really phase me. He's been playing great all year and I'm sure he'll step up to the plate for the Kangaroos. Perhaps there is something going on with Ricky Stuart and Paul Gallen :sarcasm: Price should have definately made it. Thats a disgrace that he didn't make it.

miccle

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
LOL... Thug:roll:
Broncos = Druggo's?

He's a thug in my books mate. Done more than many players who have been suspended/deregistered permanently... and isn't the cleanest player on the field.

Yes Webcke took medication for a life threatening knee infection in 2001. A whole year before Maitua beat the crap out of a police officer.

ouwet

Bench
miccle said:
He's a thug in my books mate. Done more than many players who have been suspended/deregistered permanently... and isn't the cleanest player on the field.

Yes Webcke took medication for a life threatening knee infection in 2001. A whole year before Maitua beat the crap out of a police officer.

LOL... Yeah so was Rodney Howe, Clinton Schiscofske (However the hell it's spelt) and the rest.

Your saying Maitua was guilty of it, even though it was thrown out of court, so by your theory Webcke is a druggo...

Well done Reni... You deserve it mate!

ouwet

Bench
Nz said:
Reni turned down the offer from the Kiwis :/.

There was an article during the week about that! Reni was born and raised in Sydney... His Dad lived in NZ for 20 years prior. Reni is Australian and choose to play for his country!