What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Archer = GF Ref

Azkatro

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
:lol:

I remember that, was that last year or the year before?

He copped a slap in the face and Archer said play on.
I think it was the year before against the Raiders? at Dairy Farmers. I'm sure Archer penalised him for it as well! (probably rightly so)

langpark

First Grade
it really shows how far into the 5hit we've gone if tony archer is our GF ref. He has always been indecisive and ball-less and still is IMO

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's come a long way this year after that decision in the fourth minute of 2007... caving to the pathetic whinging Newcastle crowd... who ended up with one of their worst seasons on record.

roboshark

Coach
ive seen it all now...deadset

how this clown stays in first grade is a mystery....getting the grand final, well that just about sums up the NRL....no fuggin idea

Mr Saab

Referee
Who do you want as referee then Robo?

Clark? He sends players to the bin when a player says "What for" (Kidwell)
Simpkins? He sends players off for invisible knees (McKinnon)
Hayne? He sends players off for waving their hands and talking at the same time (Peachey) God knows how Hayne would survive in Italy with every person talking with their hands

roboshark

Coach
none of the above saab....maybe hampstead

i still reckon ben cummins is the best of the up and coming refs, not that you would give him the GF, but in 12 mths time lookout i reckon

Mr Saab

Referee
Cummins needs alot of work.
Hampstead i thought would have at least got a week one semi and a week 2 semi.

roboshark

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Cummins needs alot of work.
Hampstead i thought would have at least got a week one semi and a week 2 semi.

true to all of the above, although as i said cummins has a lot going for him and if he sticks at it he will be a very good ref...despite what some on here believe

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Who do you want as referee then Robo?

Clark? He sends players to the bin when a player says "What for" (Kidwell)
Simpkins? He sends players off for invisible knees (McKinnon)
Hayne? He sends players off for waving their hands and talking at the same time (Peachey) God knows how Hayne would survive in Italy with every person talking with their hands

Cummins, he sends off/sin bins blokes for taking a punch.
Maxwell, he doesnt send off blokes, but sin bins the wrong blokes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
They are all horrible, so does it really matter. Lets just hope that the mistakes Archer makes (becuase lets face it there will be mistakes), don't cost a side a GF!

Charlie124

First Grade
Ive got no problems with Archers appointment, anything has to be better than Clark, Simpkins, Hampstead and co.

Lets just hope he has a good game.

innsaneink

Referee
Probably the right choice.....

I like Hampsteads composure....he never gets rattled, he just gets a bit too many things wrong

Archer - good choice....a few weeks back i feared Hayne was headed for the GF

Latest posts