What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Archer

scottyeel

Bench
What about the f**ked up "knock on" call against Benny early on. Dogs got the feed and scored off that set.
f**k you Archer.

Ridders

Coach
Without the benefit of a radio or TV, I found some of the calls out there especially in the first half just mystifying.....like the no penalty when Hayne gets knocked over. Oh well.Thank f**k we over came him,

Are you trying to imply that Parra got the worse of the calls? If so, thats ridiculous

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought the calls we're 50/50, a few went against us and a few went our way. Can't complain but we are we won so that is all that matters.

Ridders

Coach
Exactly, i thought there we some shockers for both sides, but in the end, the stronger side won so i can live with it.

BJP76A

Juniors
They play the Kansas City Chiefs in Philadelphia on Sunday...

I changed sports after last Saturday night... ;-)

A true supporter would stick with there team through good and bad, even though its all been bad from your mob. Cough Cough. Splutter Splutter :lol:

I dont give a hoot who the ref's were/are and I'm sure the players dont either, the fact is the points on the board tell the result.

My brother in law (doggies supporter) and father in law (dragons supporter (poor bastard)) rang from bro in laws place at half time bagging out the refereeing and reckoned that parra had 15 men on the field, I laughed and said the score is 12-6 in your favour and you are whingeing about the ref/s. What a joke !!

Points on the board is what wins games, full stop.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My biggest gripe with refs is why did they go to the video ref so much. Why on earth go to the video ref to check Josh Morris' attempt (the one that went over the line).

Glenn

First Grade
My biggest gripe with refs is why did they go to the video ref so much. Why on earth go to the video ref to check Josh Morris' attempt (the one that went over the line).

Is it my imagination or is that no try signalled as a knock on, rather than it not going over the dead ball line. :?

strider

Post Whore
tbh i wouldn't say he was overly bad to us - but watching the replay and the way he spoke to Hindy with that Hannatt thing shows that Archer is a deadset disgrace .... utter contempt is the way i'd describe it - maybe it just comes across like that, but his manner is f'n woeful

as for our st george friend's list of infringements earlier in this thread .... :lol:

noosa-eel

Juniors
I lost count with how many head high tackles we copped in the first 15mins and the only time Archer seemed to ref properly was when he went arse up....lol. I have to agree with the previous poster who mentioned the way the ref spoke to Hindy...that was a disgrace :eek:

eel01s

Bench
At least he kept the game open with a decent 10m, which suits our style of play. I thought we got some good calls and they got some good calls, but it annoys me how many forward passes the refs miss!

At least he kept the game open with a decent 10m, which suits our style of play. I thought we got some good calls and they got some good calls, but it annoys me how many forward passes the refs miss!

I must have been watching a different game - I dont think the 10m was being patrolled at all in the 2nd half. At some points, I thought Archer was playing fullback for the dogs, he was so far behind their line.

Archer is becoming the new Harrigan, he just loves getting his mug on TV, and talking to the players like as if they are little boys. Sure, he is the ref, and deserves "some" respect, but, hell, it is a grand final qualifier, you moronic idiot Archer - you dont have to increase the stress by being a show pony!!!

forward pass

Coach
Did anyone else notice how many times a bulldog player would stay down after a tackle and get in the way of our dummy half picking up the ball?? They are supposed to roll away.

Watch the replay and you will be shocked how many times it happened. Deliberate tactic - no doubt about it.

I also agree - we got some very lucky calls.

Parra Steve

Juniors
THe dogs were slowing the play the ball down on friday night. the refs seemingly turned a blind eye to it

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
*Gets marshmellows ready for fishy's self combustion*

Will Be Archer and Hayne, for sure.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone else notice how many times a bulldog player would stay down after a tackle and get in the way of our dummy half picking up the ball?? They are supposed to roll away.

Watch the replay and you will be shocked how many times it happened. Deliberate tactic - no doubt about it.

I also agree - we got some very lucky calls.

I noticed that and it pissed me off the amount of times they did it

no attempt to roll out of the way and they slowed down our play the ball, and never once got penalised for it

fanool

Juniors
FMD Parra have just been lucky the past 2 months?

Get a life buddy.

For the record. I prefer Archer over Hayne.

What was funny was when Hayne was blowing up about making it back to the field of play and Archer was trying to tell him he caught it on the full and it was a Parra ball.

Archer to Hayne: " LIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEENNN TOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I got a 2 year old and that's how I talk to her!

Latest posts