What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tools Of The Trade

frank

Juniors
If there's one thing I've learned from being around musicians, it's that they love talking about their gear.

So let's have it.

What are your instruments of choice?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Bass: Warwick Katana (neck-thru) and I use a Marshall 7200 Dynamic Bass Amplifier head. I use to own a drum kit but have since given up.
Im currently saving up for Warlock guitar

Red Bear

Referee
I own a shitty 350 dollar Yamaha electric guitar and a ten watt Marshall Amp, HAHAHA. The amp is orright for its size and the guitar is probly a piece of shit but it does the job.
Best guitar i have played is a Gibson Les Paul Custom. Favourite guitars are Les Oauls and SG's.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ThrashViking said:
Im currently saving up for Warlock guitar
I once owned a BC Rich Warlock bass, but it was only one of the cheap ones, it looked cool but to be honest didn't play any better than your typical $600 instrument. Get one of the NJ series if your budget allows.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
JS1000 stealth Ibanez, probably the best guitar ever.

Thank God i don't have a Fender, worst guitar ever :roll:

SP

Bench
Instruments of choice hey.......

does a pen, a book and my vocals count? :lol: :p

DJDL

Bench
I'll start with the cheap stuff.

$80 classical guitar (can't remember the make)
Encore acoustic
Ibanez EX240 electric
Maton ECW80C electro/acoustic
USA Series Fender Strat with EMG DG20 pro-series active pickups
Fender Reverb 10watt practice amp
Marshall JCM2000 TSL 602 60 watt amp
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
ProCo Rat Overdrive
Boss DD3 Digital Delay

fat_mike

Juniors
JS1000 stealth Ibanez

lucky bastard, would love to get my hands on a satch model ibanez.

my gera is as follows.
have 4 yamaha basses
1 ibanez rx series that i play through a marshall 4X12 cabinet and marshall MG15DFX head. also use a digitech multi effects pedal that has a great distortion. cant quite get the exact sound i want straight out of the amp so the pedal just adds that little bit of crunch i need.

dream gear would be any GA series ibanez running throuhg a mesa boogie Mark IV dual rectifier.

also own a epiphone slash signature series les paul. bloody beautiful guitar. got the snake smoking ajoint with a top hat graphic on it. cost me a small fortune but its a beautiful guitar

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Here's my shitty gear. In dire need of an upgrade.

Stratocaster replica
30 W Squier amp
20 W Samick amp
Korg G3 Effects System

Best guitar I've played was a Les Paul, but it was so damn heavy.

dragonfly

Bench
I cannot have a go at Onyx. Many a budding guitarist on a small budget has done there "L" and "P" plates on an Onyx. Sometimes learning on a lower shelf instrument can develop great skills!

Good for you and your Onyx Frank!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Good point :lol: :lol:

But you can learn to play the guitar on a Cort, i reckon they are great beginners guitar & they actually don't sound to bad??

Latest posts