What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toovey and Kimmorley's take on Dragons drama

ALSGI

Bench
Our good starts and epic fades all come down to the fact that the really good coaches & teams now exactly when the GF is played.
Slow and steady starts to the season where they tinker with their rosters, blood their replacement players for when they are needed and then pick the time when they need to start building momentum.
We build momentum for 8 weeks then start to slide as others start to put everything into its proper place and meanwhile we have no way of getting out of the dilemma because our morale is busted.
If people are really honest about what we achieved this year IMO we had a few really great wins, a couple of good wins and then a host of very scrappy wins and people ignored the scrappy wins as being danger signs and warnings that we had problems.
Just because you win doesn't mean you will be competitive when it counts most.
OT, let’s wait and see how we finish up.
We appear to be well and truly f**kced but despite what people are saying the season isn’t over just yet.

Bench
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. This is a famous quote that sums up where our club is at the moment
However, we have have a history and history is repeating when it comes to our second half capitulation each year.
We have players who are not performing yet they are still picked week after week and year after year.
There is no pathway for our ISP players and the sad thing is that they will only get a chance at first grade at another club.
Look at other clubs that are in the eight and see how many players from their juniors have cemented a first grade spot.
The only reason our club has not done this is because of our coach. There needs to be a review on why we are constantly collapsing at the end of each year.
A review from inside the club is not the answer. We will not succeed as a legitimate premiership team if we continue on our present ignorance of promoting juniors we will be pretenders in coming years.
It’s sad but true.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, let’s wait and see how we finish up.
We appear to be well and truly f**kced but despite what people are saying the season isn’t over just yet.
We don't have our best team, we are playing players busted and out of form, so in all honesty after looking at the Bunnies last night we would have to beat Newcastle by > 60 to inspire any hope.
I think the following is really relevant when judging our season and as to where we actually are right now.
IMO having momentum doesn't just apply to the team.
Our team needs the fans to bring momentum with them and all that momentum has been lost due to the inane way our team has been managed and coached.
The players have to turn up whereas it is discretionary for us and on the basis of what we have endured for the last 10 weeks or so what real incentive is there for the punters to spend their hard earned $$$ to watch something that doesn't change?
We aren't even remotely attractive in our losses and none of what has happened invokes any sort of optimism.
Mc Fookknuckle has now come out today with the "It's a new competition for here on and we are only 1 game away from having a great season".
Explain that to my 13 year old grandson who has been watching the pitiful exploits of a team that promised so much, delivered so little in the 2nd half of the season and today still refuses to change things other than due to injury and even they have to be season ending.

ALSGI

Bench
We don't have our best team, we are playing players busted and out of form, so in all honesty after looking at the Bunnies last night we would have to beat Newcastle by > 60 to inspire any hope.
I think the following is really relevant when judging our season and as to where we actually are right now.
Our team needs the fans to bring momentum with them and all that momentum has been lost due to the inane way our team has been managed and coached.
The players have to turn up whereas it is discretionary for us and on the basis of what we have endured for the last 10 weeks or so what real incentive is there for the punters to spend their hard earned $$$ to watch something that doesn't change?
We aren't even remotely attractive in our losses and none of what has happened invokes any sort of optimism.
Mc Fookknuckle has now come out today with the "It's a new competition for here on and we are only 1 game away from having a great season".
Explain that to my 13 year old grandson who has been watching the pitiful exploits of a team that promised so much, delivered so little in the 2nd half of the season and today still refuses to change things other than due to injury and even they have to be season ending.
Can’t disagree with a thing you’ve said OT.

We still have 160 minutes of footy to go (barring any golden point excuses McAnchor will use in future pressers).

As for spending my hard earned, next year will be the 3rd year straight we dont get our memberships after so many years. A new coach would change that as long as it’s not Young, Hornby, Head etc.
This year I went to 3 games, last year it was 5.
Haven’t bought any merchandise for 4 years, my Dragons plates are next to go.

That wont change in the next 160mins of footy, maybe 200 or 280 mins though?

Saintsified

Bench
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. This is a famous quote that sums up where our club is at the moment
However, we have have a history and history is repeating when it comes to our second half capitulation each year.
We have players who are not performing yet they are still picked week after week and year after year.
There is no pathway for our ISP players and the sad thing is that they will only get a chance at first grade at another club.
Look at other clubs that are in the eight and see how many players from their juniors have cemented a first grade spot.
The only reason our club has not done this is because of our coach. There needs to be a review on why we are constantly collapsing at the end of each year.
A review from inside the club is not the answer. We will not succeed as a legitimate premiership team if we continue on our present ignorance of promoting juniors we will be pretenders in coming years.
It’s sad but true.
By that analogy, itll be a sad time in hell if we ever win a second 11 in a row. :)

We need to somehow get you a press pass old timer so you can front Mary and ask him the hard questions on camera lol

Old Timer

Coach
We need to somehow get you a press pass old timer so you can front Mary and ask him the hard questions on camera lol
Yep I would love every minute of that I can assure you
Long story short, many years ago I turned up uninvited & unannounced at a press only conference given by Ron Phillips the minister for health in the state Liberal Govt of the day and asked some very embarrassing questions but did get some surprisingly good results.
Boy I wish I could do that on game day.
How is all the surgery & treatment going?
I need you fit & well so we can enjoy the off season with our opinions on all things StGI

KiamaSaint

Coach
Wasn’t the writing on the wall when parra put 44 on us?!
And Storm put 52 on us.
And the RoRters put how many on us.....
Or about 12 weeks ago when the Panthers put a big score on us.
Not the Storm, we went tit for tat with them for 70 minutes and had Smith played Origin we win that game, nor the Roosters, but yes the Parra game was pathetic too.

Long story short, many years ago I turned up uninvited & unannounced at a press only conference given by Ron Phillips the minister for health in the state Liberal Govt of the day and asked some very embarrassing questions but did get some surprisingly good results.
I need you fit & well so we can enjoy the off season with our opinions on all things StGI
Still in hospital for another week or so mate stitches from one side of my chest to the other and up to my neck was opened up pretty good but I’m up and about and keeping a keen eye on things trying to remain positive lol

Hey old timer I just tried to dm you not to sure if I got it right message and let me know if it worked or to tell me how to do it I’ve got my hospital goggles on

Old Timer

Coach
Hey old timer I just tried to dm you not to sure if I got it right message and let me know if it worked or to tell me how to do it I’ve got my hospital goggles on
Yep got the message ok but I take it you tried to send an attachment which I didn’t get although I’m not at home so maybe a mobile phone issue.
I know you are upset with 2nd half of the season but no need to get so cut up about it.

blacksafake

First Grade
Our good starts and epic fades all come down to the fact that the really good coaches & teams now exactly when the GF is played.
Slow and steady starts to the season where they tinker with their rosters, blood their replacement players for when they are needed and then pick the time when they need to start building momentum.
We build momentum for 8 weeks then start to slide as others start to put everything into its proper place and meanwhile we have no way of getting out of the dilemma because our morale is busted.
If people are really honest about what we achieved this year IMO we had a few really great wins, a couple of good wins and then a host of very scrappy wins and people ignored the scrappy wins as being danger signs and warnings that we had problems.
Just because you win doesn't mean you will be competitive when it counts most.
What he said

blacksafake

First Grade
Can’t disagree with a thing you’ve said OT.

We still have 160 minutes of footy to go (barring any golden point excuses McAnchor will use in future pressers).

As for spending my hard earned, next year will be the 3rd year straight we dont get our memberships after so many years. A new coach would change that as long as it’s not Young, Hornby, Head etc.
This year I went to 3 games, last year it was 5.
Haven’t bought any merchandise for 4 years, my Dragons plates are next to go.

That wont change in the next 160mins of footy, maybe 200 or 280 mins though?
It’s disappointing to see what the management has done to this club when you read posts like this from longtime loyal fans like yourself ALSGI.
I too have only been to one game this year compared to last years six.
Let’s hope management are reading comments like yours & finally do what’s right for the club and fans

Latest posts