What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 centres today

God-King Dean

Immortal
Here's my opinion...

1. Gasnier
2. Lyon
3. Whatuira
4. Tonga
5. Cooper
6. Hodges
7. King
8. Tahu
9. Tate
10. Cross

I prolly forgotten players but this is off the top of my head.

Phillips

Referee
1. Lyon
2. Gasnier
3. Tonga
4. Cooper
5. Hape
6. Bell
7. King
8. Hodges
9. Whatuira
10. Tahu

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Messiah said:
Here's my opinion...

1. Gasnier
2. Lyon
3. Whatuira
4. Tonga
5. Cooper
6. Hodges
7. King
8. Tahu
9. Tate
10. Cross

I prolly forgotten players but this is off the top of my head.

bahahahahahahahaha just laeve out the best centre in the world for the last 4 years Nigel VAgana
Pomeroy would be up there too as would ben smith

God-King Dean

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
No Ben smith or Tahu? yet Hodges,cross etc lol

Despite his whinging, Cross is a great player IMO. It's just unfortunate for him there's so many class centres.

& Tahu is on my list.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
1. Lyon
2. Gasnier
3. Whatuira
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Tate
7. Tonga
8. Tahu
9. Hodges
10. Cross

Sure to have forgotten someone, but of those i am happy with order.

nqboy

First Grade
Keith Senior anyone?

Hape impressed me in the 3N.

No matter the order, there's plenty of high class centres around at the moment.

Cletus

First Grade
Bell anyone?

I know he's been mentioned, but Bell anyone:lol: .

I'd have King at 2, Lyons is a EPL player and King is a champ who plays for Australia.

I'd be interested to know how many people have actually seen Lyon play in the last couple of years, or just taken "the World's best Centre" in random league articles a bit literally.

PB

Bench
Citizen.Eras3d said:
I'd be interested to know how many people have actually seen Lyon play in the last couple of years, or just taken "the World's best Centre" in random league articles a bit literally.

And i don't think he has played centre since Rnd 1, 2004.

BWNB

First Grade
Vagana is a very good player when he gets the ball that is , he always looks dangerous and maybe thats why he was moved to 5/8.
Watch out for Beau Scott aswell , last year he scored 4 tries in 5 games including that one against the dragons. He isnt scared of marking the big names either as was showen in last yrs game vs dragons

Utey

Coach
Lyon easily the best. I think Ben Smith has a big future too. Although he still has to consistantly perform to get on that list.

weasel

First Grade
Just goes to show the abundant talent in this position atm. Soliola from Easts is another centre I regard highly, and then consider wingers like Ty Williams and Wes Naiqama, who could also be very good centres but for circumstance (although Williams looks like getting an opportunity now).

Scott

Bench
weasel said:
Just goes to show the abundant talent in this position atm. Soliola from Easts is another centre I regard highly, and then consider wingers like Ty Williams and Wes Naiqama, who could also be very good centres but for circumstance (although Williams looks like getting an opportunity now).

Exactly right there. Greg Inglis is another, but he, along with the others mentioned, have a long way to go before being considered as good as the elite few.

sooperdooper

First Grade
well there is no doubt there are great centres about
some of the young ones i rate are:
Inglis (although i think he wuold be better at fullback)
B Smith
Isilioa