What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 25

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also, is it true IDG hasn't played first grade this season? Has been been injured the whole time? If so, doesn't that mean that we are eligible for a cap exemption for games played by a second tier player coming into his place in the top 25?
I'm sure that's not a thing. You have a 25 man squad plus second tier to cover for injuries. There is no exemption until you have exceeded the second tier cap. Then the exemption is a week to week thing.
That would mean of the 27 players you've named, it kind of doesn't matter which ones aren't "top 25" - which is a shifting concept throughout a season anyway.
You kind of don't matter.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm sure that's not a thing. You have a 25 man squad plus second tier to cover for injuries. There is no exemption until you have exceeded the second tier cap. Then the exemption is a week to week thing.
Unless we did the smart thing and minimised De Gois' "salary" for 2017 as soon as he was injured (effectively demoting him in the second tier squad), putting the balance in the 2018 portion of his contract...).

You kind of don't matter.
That's it, I'm downgrading this thread to a rating of one duck...

877016-daryl-somers.jpg

Bandwagon

Staff member
If there was some kind of exemption for players not having played a game through injury, then we would have had an exemption for Watmong last year and there would have been no drama's with his "forced" retirement.

Davis coming and going straight into First Grade means he is Top 25, for mine. But he would have pushed someone out, so I'd say Windscreens.

Moses coming straight into Top 25 would have seen him push someone out. I'd say that's Robson.

If I'm wrong on one of them (most likely Robson) then I'd say that Auva'a would be next in line. Being a guy who kinda just wanted a club, I don't think he'd be on good money.

Latest posts