What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 4

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Certainly don't want to get ahead of myself but the Roosters win over the Dragon gives us a real chance of a top 4 finish. Sure a few results need to go our way but if we keep winning (and big results) we can get there.

If we win our last 3 by a combined total of 60 points (win each by 20) we'll make it. We need the Dragons, Warriors and Cowboys to all drop a game and make up 25 points on the Cowboys f/a. All 3 have tough games left, the Dragons and Cowboys both have the death wobbles, and the Warriors have a shocker in them still, so I'm fairly confident we can make it.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I'd say this seriously opens the door for us and top 4. We win every game and I think we will make it. Dragons should lose next week and I doubt Cowboys will win enough if we win all ours.

meltiger

First Grade
Auckand are the concern. Could easilly finish 5th and have to travel across the ditch for a Friday night game in Auckland. It certainly appears we are playing the Warriors, where is really the only question imo

Positive is, now the door is open, hopefully this keeps the team focussed, certainly moreso than we saw in patches on Friday

jmmyo81

Juniors
Never been so happy to see the Roosters win :) ive just sat down and gone through the remaining rounds and i believe if we win our last 3 we will finish 4th. If games play out the way i have guessed i think the dragons will finish 5th setting up what will be an epic first round of the finals !!! really hate to get ahead of ourselves but wow GO TIGERS !!!

6th i think we will finish and play the seagles.....

Or if the dragons somehow beat the warriors we may finish 5th...and play the cowboys in the 1st week...which will set up a tigers v dragons in the 2nd week...

Thats not taking into account changes in f/a...

simmo1

First Grade
What a difference a month or so makes, eh? I'm sure there were threads here after the Parra game claiming we weren't going to win another game, and now were talking about not losing another.

After having a quick glance at the draw, I reckon we'll probably have an away game in NQ for the 4v5 game. Reasonably confident we can jag another win there too.

meltiger

First Grade
The Auckland NQ game is in Auckland I think? I'd be backing Warriors on that one. Would give them 4th/5th for mine.

Nth QLD have to go to Sydney to play Souths next week, could easilly drop. Auckland have Penrith

Hoofhearted

Juniors
We can potentially be equal 4th after next week, they shouldn't be looking to win the next 3 games, they should be going out to really put these teams away

super_coach

First Grade
Lets beat the Eels and than start doing the maths, I really think we will beat both the Titans and The sharks but Iam never confident when playing the Eels and on last weeks form we would get smashed. Sheens has to bite the bullet and pick the best 17, no more grudges and no more looking after mates, just get the best 17 out their next sunday

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah that's a fair point SC. But we owe them one after the FN game @ Parra a few weeks back. Hopefully the prospect of top 4 does keep us focussed though.

Lets beat the Eels and than start doing the maths, I really think we will beat both the Titans and The sharks but Iam never confident when playing the Eels
spot on super coach. Something about the Tigers playing against teams lower then them, lets hope the other super coach can get their heads right for Sunday afternoon.

It is a good thing that the Cowboys and Saints have their games on Friday night and the Warriors on Saturday - so the Tigers know on Sunday what they are playing for and can hopefully get their heads rights.

This from the SMH this morning,

The Warriors and Tigers, sixth and seventh respectively, are just two points behind the Cowboys and one behind the Dragons, and will be watching with enormous interest on Friday night when the Cowboys are away to a surging South Sydney, and the Dragons are away to a competition-leading Melbourne side that has won 11 games in a row.

If the Cowboys and Dragons lose and the Warriors beat struggling Penrith at Centrebet Stadium on Saturday night, the Warriors will jump to fourth. If the Cowboys, Dragons and Warriors all lose, and the Tigers beat Parramatta at the SFS on Sunday and there is enough of a turnaround between them and the Cowboys in the points differential, they will be fourth.

Tigerm

Coach
My bad, "Old Time Tiger" had already posted the SMH comments on the top 4?

Last edited: