What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Paid Players at your Club.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Johnson would surely be up there?

Yeah I suppose so. I'm not really up with the play with where players are up to with their contracts, but I guess we would've had to throw big coin at him to ward off the advances of other clubs. I wonder how much we will be paying Hurrell also...

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Anasta (I thought he was on around 600k-650k.)
Pearce
SKD (400k if I recall correctly)
FPN?
? Maybe JWH?

Yeah, it is an embarrassment of riches at our club....:(

some11

Referee
Just remember some players aren't on the books for what they're getting in total due to 3rd party deals and salary cap discounts.

Fire

First Grade
Nah we are communist china, everyone is on 200k.

Serious answer is

Hornby
Cooper
Young
Creagh
Morris

lol at Communist China, I like it. Nah I can't argue with your list either, especially as the rumours are strong that Hornby and Cooper's deals are heavily back-ended.

Big Pete

Referee
Dave Taylor was reportedly offered 270K from memory.

Broncos...
Justin Hodges - 400K
Ben Hannant - 350K
Sam Thaiday - 350K
Corey Parker - 300K
Peter Wallace - 300K

At a guess.

Cheops

Juniors
Interested to know what other Warriors fans reckon, because beyond:

Vatuvei
Mannering
Mateo

I really have no idea.

It could be any number of guys. I guess Michael Luck as an old veteran, but would he really command good money? How much of an upgrade has Johnson had at this point? Are any of our props getting good money? Rapira? Is Matulino getting paid what he's worth yet? Locke?

4. Inu :crazy:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I think it's more like

Anasta - 500k
Pearce - 400k
SKD - 350k
Mini/JWH/FPN/Maubs - 250-300k

You are right about SKD. It was a four year, $1.4m deal. I knew it was around the 350-400k mark but couldn't remember. I know Anasta is on a massive sum - I seem to recall a blowup about him getting as well paid as the likes of Smith, Lockyer and Thurston.

Noname36

First Grade
We will never know for sure how much each player earns but just a bit of fun and be interesting to see who earns the most at other clubs.
Of course these figures are just wild guesses.

1. Gidley - $450,000
2. Boyd - $400,000
3. Mullen - $300,000
4. Snowden - $275,000
5. Buderus - $225,000

Snowden's on more than Mullo is. From what I can recall Snowy's on around 300-350k and Mullo's on around 280k. Pretty sure Gidley's on $400 too. No idea what we paid for Boyd.

hitman82

Bench
Interested to know what other Warriors fans reckon, because beyond:

Vatuvei
Mannering
Mateo

I really have no idea.

It could be any number of guys. I guess Michael Luck as an old veteran, but would he really command good money? How much of an upgrade has Johnson had at this point? Are any of our props getting good money? Rapira? Is Matulino getting paid what he's worth yet? Locke?

Yeah I suppose so. I'm not really up with the play with where players are up to with their contracts, but I guess we would've had to throw big coin at him to ward off the advances of other clubs. I wonder how much we will be paying Hurrell also...

1 Vatuvei (rumoured $500k, but rumour is obviously just rumour)
2 Mateo ($400k?)
3 Mannering (as our captain and a first pick Kiwi for ages, must be on $300k+)
4 Johnson (obvious reasons - much be on at least $300k)
5 Rapira (has been rated as a first pick Kiwi prop prior to two injury prone seasons)

with Locke, Matulino, Luck, Maloney, Lillyman all surely on decent coin. Hurrell was only recently upgraded and I doubt he's on much over $150k.

hitman82

Bench
Vatuvei? really?

Yep. He's quite widely known to be the highest paid at our club, and the highest paid winger in the NRL - unless that has changed recently.
When he was signed (off contract end of 2013) he was the absolute star and marquee player of our team, which by and large was a pretty average roster. He was also the sole focus of our attack for a couple of seasons, to pretty good effect. Late 2010 was when Vatuvei signed his last extension, at which time he was generally considered the best winger in the world. Since then he's had a lot of injury and subsequent form issues, so people have forgotten just how dominant he was a couple of seasons ago.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Surely Johnson isn't on that much. He only came into first grade last year.

Wish he would stop bombing so often outside the 20, 40 and his own side of halfway!.

When he plays for the kiwis I would rather see him run on the fifth than put up those stupid mid field bombs all the time. He is one of the most gifted line breakers yet he has a priapism for pointless bomb kicks. What ever happened to kicking into the in goal - he does it with his grubber...?

Needs more coaching. And possibly a reality check, he is very cocky.

Last edited: