What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Players in the League

Stonecutter

First Grade
I think people now concetrate on his yearly trade rumours and constantly saying yes no to leaving Minesota. I rate him above Nowitzki and believe with a move, it could ignite him to amazing standards.

El Coconuto

Bench
Freak! I hate writing detailed replies, then the computer crashes and now I can't be bothered re-writing everything again.

So here's the watered down version:

Firstly, Kevin Garnett shoots the ball almost as well as Nowitzki. Are you kidding me? Nowitzki is a three-point champion. Garnett can't even crack the 30% average across his career. Nowitzki is a reliable crunch time free throw shooter. Garnett may as well wear a Malone jersey on at the stripe when the games on the line.

More importantly, Dirk spreads the floor A BAJILLION times better than Garnett does. I'm not saying that Garnett is a bad passer, but he only commands doubles in the post. Nowitzki commands doubles on the wings, post and at the top of the freaking key. That's how Josh Howard became an all star! Put Josh Howard in Minnesota with Garnett, and there's no way he's topping 25ppg.

Thirdly, I never said that Tim Duncan was the boringest player in the NBA. That award goes to Eddy Curry. In Phil Jackson's wonderful book with Charley Rosen titled "More than a Game" he says clearly that the best players in the NBA "get the job done with what they have." I'm sorry, but neither Garnett or McGrady have done that. Tim Duncan has.

And lets be real for a moment. Sean Elliot is nothing more than the beneficiary of a lock-out season! Take that season away -- truly an attraocious season -- where the Spurs won the Championship in the ugliest Finals Series since the Spurs/Pistons series, and he is just another Jason Kapono. And even in that breakout year, he wasn't in any of the All-NBA teams. So anyone that tries to pump Elliot as a superstar is tripping.

As for the KG trade. I think it makes sense on all levels. Boston needed a quick fix. Minnesota needed to plan ahead. Both succeeded and got good value out of the trade. But that's the difference between KG now, and KG then. Years ago, this trade would never have happened. Now, it's a done deal. That's the price you pay for not being able to carry your team to the playoffs when you're in your prime. (For heaven's sake Carmelo Anthony took the trule depleted Nuggets to the playoffs in his ROOKIE season!)

But that Phil Jackson zinger will hum the ages. Great players get the job done with what they have. And with all due respect to KG (who doesn't even really have this excuse since he bundled out with Spreewell and Cassell on deck) he NEVER got the job done.

Haha but now that he's in the East the KG lovefest will re-ignite, and Boston will have more people jumping on the bandwagon than ever before, just like they've done for the Patriots and the Red Sox. Gosh it must kill the true New Englander's to see things like this spark...

(And as aforementioned in another thread...enjoy the luxury tax, Celts! Bahahaha!)

Panthers_God

Juniors
We will see how KG goes next season.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Celtics have a strong push for the eastern conference title.

And who knows we could see KG vs TD in the finals... or even KG vs Nowitzki.

El Coconuto

Bench
Panthers_God said:
And who knows we could see KG vs TD in the finals... or even KG vs Nowitzki.

Now THERE'S a Finals Series I would love to see! The matchups on both ends would be scintilating.

Actually, I'll be honest, as long as neither San Antonio or Detroit are involved, I'll be excited!