What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 50 players.

For some reason I can only see the second page (21-50) but if premiership winning spine player Mitch Kenny isn’t top 15 it isn’t worth the paper it is printed on…

mxlegend99

Referee
Hudson Young ahead of Brian To'o and Api Koroisau.

The list is shit. Also Edwards at 26 and Olakauatu (sp?) Ahead of him? No.

Can't see the top 25 to see what other duds are ahead of multi premiership winners who are top 3 in their position. But i am sure there's a bunch of obviously wrong picks there too

edit
Just saw the other page. Top 14 are pretty debateably correct. Order might vary but all in all it's not horrible. Ie. Yeo top 3.

Suaalii is not 15th best though. Brian To'o is a thousand times better winger and as a fullback Crichton has shown more in his limited opportunities. He's the only one who stood out to me as not belonging near the top 20 yet. Its purely on potential which he has only shown glimpses of. Hasn't counted for shit yet though.

Last edited:
I can’t see the first 20 so on the walk to the station have been going through my head trying to think who they can be. Note I don’t know the criteria used, but here goes:
- Panthers; Nathan, Yeo, JFH, Luai, Martin (recency bias)
- Cows; Nanai, Dearden, JT
- Easts; Teddy, Manu, Sualli’i (that’s just because it’s Buzz)
- Canberra; Simple Jack (in fairness, he was great at the RLWC), Tapine
- Dogs; Kiks, Foxx (mostly so Buzz can have a go at Freddy)
- Souths; Murray
- Storm; Munster
- Broncs; Haas
- Parra; Paulo

Last spot is a toss up between Kenny and Latrell. I imagine Latrell gets it because he is a media darling….

I initially had Turbo, Walker and Ponga on my list but then just about made out their names on the right hand side of the second page. Might be others I have missed…

Pomoz

Bench
This list is wrong. We are shit and shouldn't have 8 top fifty players. Cleary is a dud in big games, Luai's a loudmouth and To'o isn't even as good as rookie Sualli'i. We all know JAC is God, Latrell is even higher than that. In fact I don't know how we even managed to make the grand final. For three years straight. With a roster so mundane and average we must have had the easiest draw and biased refs in the history of the NRL. Let's be honest, if South's had Latrell in the 21 GF we wouldn't have won that game. It was a travesty, we should probably hand back the trophy. Even in 2022 we were lucky that the ball bounced our way at crucial times, the ref was on our side and the wind was behind us in both halves, having changed direction at halftime. To be honest, we fluked it on the back of an easy draw and probably shouldn't count that one as a win either.

I said in earlier comments that we have no pizazz, or flashiness in our team. Nobody quick, nobody with the silky smoothness of Walker or the blinding acceleration of Turbo or the elusiveness of Tedesco. We look really rather ordinary. We don't have the whoosh of Wesser, the genius of Girdler, the silkiness of Brandy, the mongrel of Geyer, or the brilliance of Fittler. Nobody watches us and goes wow!

And I am Ok with that. We have taken teamwork, movement off the ball and fitness to a level not seen previously in the NRL. We have built, not brought. I hope everybody just continues to rate us as crap, marvels at Latrell, Murray, Moses et al, while we just go about the business of winning.

Original Name

Juniors
Buzz Rothfield's opinion articles are about as useful as my 4 year old niece opinion on football players and she never watches it. Didn't read it, just skimmed some comments complaining on socials. It's trash on purpose to generate people sharing and commenting on it. They post these trash opinions to get outrage clicks. A useless waste of time but you shouldn't expect much from the products Murdock uses to shill the politicians he and his mining mates want in power.

Last edited:
I'd rather read The Australian. Same staple but without big dumb headlines, and to lessor extent less sensationalism.
DT is over the top. Their jornos in Politics, Cricket and NRL are case point. Thin on facts go for the headline. Stir things up.
On the SMH. I hate PeterFitzsimons. A wanker and a hypocrite.

Last edited: