What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 - Problems...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have complete faith in the boys and the staff and the fans to lift and win the games that need to be won to get the points to make the Top 8.

However, the one area that will really test us is our for and against - we really need to start getting some comfortable wins under our belts, otherwise it will be like 2003 again, where we missed out on for and against.

That is all.

:crazy:

mickdo

Coach
Eelementary said:
I have complete faith in the boys and the staff and the fans to lift and win the games that need to be won to get the points to make the Top 8.

However, the one area that will really test us is our for and against - we really need to start getting some comfortable wins under our belts, otherwise it will be like 2003 again, where we missed out on for and against.

That is all.

With the number of wins we need to even make the 8, for and against should hopefully work itself out...

Suitman

Post Whore
emjaycee said:
Care to forecast the games we will win from the remaining?

OK, I'll have a go.......

Ahm.....................

mmmm.......................................

Ah...............................

Help me out guys, I'm struggling. ;-)

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
one thing I will guarantee is if we don't lose any more games this year, we'll win the comp. ;-)

you heard it first. :D

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
OK, I'll have a go.......

Ahm.....................

mmmm.......................................

Ah...............................

Help me out guys, I'm struggling. ;-)

Suity

ummmm ... the bye ....

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, personally, I have HUGE confidence that we can beat Melbourne and Cronulla at Toyota Park.

We'll make a meal of it tomorrow and, if we focus, SHOULD win. I mean we'll have our skipper back and basically the same team that btea the Roosters.

And Jarryd Hayne will score his first try in First Grade tomorrow, thus opening the floogdates...:sarcasm:

Eelementary

Post Whore
How much would it suck to be on the same points as the 8th placed team, only to have to settle for 9th because their for and against is JUST superior?

:(

sixtynine

Juniors
We just have to take it one game at a time try and win 75 % of games well try and win 100 % but if we win 75% we should have a good season well rest of the season

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good point.

Well, we have Souths twice (I think), another match against the Warriors and even a return Canberra match...IF all is going to plan, then those games should help our differential somewhat...

Sorry. I just love that emoticon!

emjaycee

Coach
Here I am going out on a limb... with fingers crossed.

Game (with winner underlined, bolded and italicised)

DRAGONS vs EELS
EELS vs STORM​
EELS vs RABBITOHS
BYE​
RAIDERS vs EELS
EELS VS KNIGHTS
WARRIORS VS EELS
TIGERS VS EELS
EELS VS SEA EAGLES
EELS VS DRAGONS
SHARKS VS EELS
ROOSTERS VS EELS
EELS VS BRONCOS
COWBOYS VS EELS

I have picked thee based on both what my head and my heart tell me.
Flame me if you will but only after you have posted your tips.

Freak2

Juniors
DRAGONS vs EELS
EELS vs STORM
EELS vs RABBITOHS

BYE
RAIDERS vs EELS

EELS VS KNIGHTS
WARRIORS VS EELS
TIGERS VS EELS
EELS VS SEA EAGLES
EELS VS DRAGONS
SHARKS VS EELS
ROOSTERS VS EELS
EELS VS BRONCOS
COWBOYS VS EELS

I have a good feeling about this week and believe this could be the start to our 30+ season.

The tough games home are obviously the road games, but I feel we can pick up wins away against the Warriors / Roosters / Tigers

We are obviously capable of beating the Raiders and Sharks and will re-assess based on their form going into those games. I am very greatful we are not playing those games in June.

Let's hope we are not needing a win come Round 26 to ensure top 8, as the Cowboys are always tough to beat at Home.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm confident we can win games. As far as predicting them goes - 13 games left for us and we don't even know what is going to happen on Friday let alone rnd 26. Worry about each week as it comes and if we make it then its a great result after such a sh*tty start.

Eelementary said:
How much would it suck to be on the same points as the 8th placed team, only to have to settle for 9th because their for and against is JUST superior?

Given the start I'd be happy to finish ninth.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
one thing I will guarantee is if we don't lose any more games this year, we'll win the comp. ;-)

you heard it first. :D

It would still be possible to win every game and not make the top eight. Very unlikely, but possible.

Freak2

Juniors
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
It would still be possible to win every game and not make the top eight. Very unlikely, but possible.

I think you are wrong!

It is impossible to miss the 8 on 36 points.

Eelectrica

Referee
Since I can't predict the future as to whether we'll make the 8 or not, I'll simply sayh this:
In 1999 at around the half way point the Broncos were running equal last with the Tigers. They dusted them and barely lost another game for the rest of the regular season. They scraped into the 8 where their season ended was ended.

Edit: Just had a look at the rleague website the broncos were 2 wins, 8 losses and tie when they thumped wests 50-0 an got on a 10 game winning streak.

I'd take 8th spot, then at least for a week we could all say how we're gonna make history by being the first 8th finishing team to beat the minor premiers. :cool:

Latest posts