Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Discussion in 'Official Teams Forum' started by boxhead, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker First Grade

me too, he’s a great pundit

now it means carragher’s annoying voice gets more air time

2. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Happy days. I get to hate him more than anyone else unless I still have to respect him for being our most successful manager like when he was booed by a minority last season. He’s going to get quite a reception next time around.

3. Haffa

Haffa Guest

I’d be stunned if he agreed to the job without a transfer budget. First team coach is the new title they all seem to be given these days. He was first team coach at Chelsea in hi second stint.

4. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

5. Twizzle

Luis Campos: The Transfer Genius Who Is One of Football's Most Wanted Men
    TOM WILLIAMSJULY 5, 2019

[​IMG]
    B/R Football
    What if the hottest property in modern football wasn't Kylian Mbappe or Matthijs de Ligt, but a balding, bespectacled 54-year-old who hasn't laced up his boots in over 30 years?

As the man who helped to launch the careers of players such as Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar, Anthony Martial and Nicolas Pepe, Luis Campos has established a reputation as one of the game's leading talent-spotters.

The list of clubs rumoured to have shown an interest in the Lille sporting director's services reads like a Who's Who of the European elite, with Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Roma, Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille all reported to have sounded him out about the possibility of becoming their sporting director in recent years.

"It's not a coincidence that his name has been linked with Chelsea or Milan or the other top clubs in the world," says Aitor Karanka, who became friends with Campos while working alongside him at Real Madrid.

"When you look at the players who he signed at Monaco and Lille, the difference between the price they had and the price they have now is amazing. He's one of the best."

Even before he had laid the foundations for Monaco's sensational Ligue 1 title win in 2017, Campos was a source of fascination in France, with headlines variously describing him as "the invisible man" or "the mysterious Mister Campos."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...enius-who-is-one-of-footballs-most-wanted-men

6. Twizzle

you may be right but we are expected to be very busy this TW anyway and we are no doubt already speaking to targets and have already agreed to some I believe

I am getting the impression that this new DoF will be the key and Jose may only be a stop gap as he never seems to last long where ever he goes

If thats the case I feel a bit better about the whole situation

7. Game_Breaker

Game_Breaker First Grade

I look forward to seeing Kane play CB

8. Twizzle

he probabaly could

9. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

Good start.

10. Twizzle

first away win for 307 days

11. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

12. Twizzle

Jose is a bit behind the times and may take sometime to realise Toby, Dier and Eriksen are not the players they used to be

cant believe the left Ndomle on the bench for so long and never played GLC at all, he has got Aurier and Ali to improve but he is not starting with our best options

13. hellteam

hellteam First Grade

Agreed. It's like he hasn't watched us since December 2018. Ndombele been our best all year, wasn't he injured lately? Maybe that's why he didn't start today. I hope hes back next week.

GLC hardly played at all, give him a run!

Dele has looked much better

14. Twizzle

Ndomble was injured but he been back to being fully fit for a month or so, GLC is the one that he need to get on the pitch in place pf Eriksen.

Eriksen getting a lot of media coverage saying he's back but he is no where near what he used to be and not as good as GLC

Foreign Legion likes this.
  15. Twizzle

Sissoko scoring a goal ? f**k me Jose is a miracle worker