What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tour De France

bucko

Juniors
Well the worlds biggest annual cycling event is drawing closer, beginning on July 6 if my memory serves me correctly. Lance Armstrong's looking for 5 in a row (or is it 6??), but for Australia the likes of McEwen and O Grady can never be ruled out. What does everyone think???

kaon

Juniors
bucko said:
but for Australia the likes of McEwen and O Grady can never be ruled out. What does everyone think???

If you’re talking about the whole thing, yes they can be ruled out. Australia's biggest hope for the tour was Cadel Evans but he is not going to be there because of a broken collarbone. Maybe next year. [-o<

GBT

Juniors
Lance Armstrong is after his fifth consecutive tour and if successfull, will match Miguel Indurain's record.
Three other's have won the tour five times:-
Jacques Anquetil - 1957-1961-1962-1963-1964; Eddy Merckx - 1969-1970-1971-1972-1974; and Bernard Hinault - 1978-1979-1981-1982-1985. Merckx holds the record for yellow jersey wins with 96 - Armstrong has won 46.

I think Lance will win again to tie Indurain, and maybe win again next year to pass him. He is a superman. An amazing story how he has battled back from cancer.

GBT

Juniors
Armstrong's story is amazing, he is a true champ. Then again, anyone who enters the TdF has my admiration. However, when I were a lad, the name on everyone's lips (Even though the TdF wasn't that popular) was Eddy Merckx -"Who do you think you are, Eddie Merckx?" or "You'll be the next Eddie Merckx". In fact his name was so well known that I was shocked to learn that he was Belgian - I presumed he was English. :?

alex

Juniors
Three outta four jerseys :D. Sweeet. Baden Cooke is a little crazy, but he came up with the goods. Great job by McGee as well, very unselfish riding.

bucko

Juniors
Well Armstrong's done it again. 5 in a row, beat Ulrich for the yellow jersey.

Our own Baden Cook won the green jersey too, which was good to see, just edged out Mcewen.

Latest posts