What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Cup 08

paulquinn49

Bench
I figure we could use a thread for the kiddies seems they are still alive in the comp. Next week they play the Warriors, no time or date yet, as if Broncos NRL win tomorrow, the NRL will match both their sides to play on the same day.

I watched the NYC this arvo and the Warriors were damn impressive, big forwards who can offload, backs didnt seem all that though.

Anyone else catch the NYC game?

Chachi

Bench
Well, after the Dragons knocked out the Eels by a point on the weekend you'd have to think we're a great chance to make the Grand Final.

Carney should be back and hopefully Fensom recovers before the GF.

Pumba

First Grade
Is J. Carney still able to play Toyota Cup?

He has been named on a extended bench this week.

Canberra Raiders
1. Josh Dugan
2. Drury Low
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Daniel Vidot
5. Michael Brophy
6. Michael Picker
7. Matt Smith
8. Matt Britt
9. Travis Waddell
10. Nick Skinner
11. Jarrad Kennedy
12. Joel Thompson
13. Shaun Fensom (c)

Interchange
14. Brock Dunn
15. Andrew Edwards
16. Zac Merritt
17. Todd Rheinberger
18. Levi Freeman
19. Dan Scanlan
20. Zac Russ
21. Justin Carney

http://www.raiders.com.au/2008/detail_desc.php?news_id=973

Chachi

Bench
Carney was basically ruled out according to Win news tonight and Fensom is a definite no-show. According to the doctors, Fensom would nearly be 100% to re-tear his ligament if he played thus ruling out any chance of a GF appearance.

In other news, we're now looking to extend the contracts of all the Picker boys. :clap:

Edwahu

Bench
Really dissapointed for Fensom, nobody deserves to play these games more then him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Will be a tough ask without Fensom, but im confident the lads can get past the dragons and have Fensom back for the GF

IMO, Justin Carney should be given the rest of the year off, as much as im sure he'd be an assett to the u20's, if he's not going to play this week, it would be a complete kick in the teeth to name him at centre next week and drop any of the blokes who have played all the final games of the season and then the semi's. If they are good enough to do that, they are good enough to play the GF

Carney for mine is a FGer now, give him the break with the other FGers

that win was laid out in that 1st half , they were brutal in defence , and slick in attack. They looked tired in the 2nd half , spose the week off had something to do with that.
Congrats on making the GF , but dont come home without the winners trophy.:)

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Congrats Raiders, you guys were too good and we couldn't convert..but it may of been different if that TRY was given ;)

schnitzel

Juniors
How good is Waddell!!!!!!!!!

Best pound for pound defender in NRL or Toyota Cup, hands down.

Does anyone else think Vidot looks like a young SBW?

Put Fensom and Carney back in and we should win the title IMO

Will the Toyota GF be broadcast on Nine or Fox?

reptar

Juniors

For once, I hope 9 will be broadcasting it. I will be in Port Moresby and there aren't any Fox channels available.

Cryptic

Juniors
They have broadcast the "reserve grade" grand finals the past few years so I doubt this year will be any exception... Although they do like pushing the NRL and it's fans on how sh*t they can be when it comes to promoting rugby league...

Yeah Vidot looks like SBW both in facial features and running style. But he's quicker.

Latest posts