What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Cup Sea Eagles

Dutchy

Immortal
Started well against the dogs last night. Won 40-20.

Foran was a real standout. JWH was solid. Our hooker, Bennet I think it is? Is a top player. Should crack a bench spot if Lestrange or Ballin are ever out.

Daddycool

Juniors
Foran is definitely a future firstgrader. I know it's only early in the season, but if he continues to improve, I think Manly will have to make a decision sooner rather later as to the re-signing of Matt Orford.

Deetroy72

Juniors
Foran is definitely a future firstgrader. I know it's only early in the season, but if he continues to improve, I think Manly will have to make a decision sooner rather later as to the re-signing of Matt Orford.

Great start to the year - personally I think Foran will be = to his best mate Mitchell Peirce and can see an NRL club willing to invest in him with a big offer so Manly better act soon. IMO - worth more $$ than they invested in Hopoate and Tony Williams.

Also from the game JWH is not the only up and coming second rower/front rower coming through - Michael Tiopira had an excellent game and would benefit from being involved with the top squad. also Darcy Lussick and Jamie Burher. Manly have some choices about who they want to keep? These guys could make the step up to QLD Cup and prove to Des they are the short term future. Also Brad Bennett has a big future no disagreement there.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
4/4 now.

Foran needs his promotion to first grade. Right now. Orford is playing sh*t, Bailey will take time, Des wants to keep Lyon in the centres.

Disco

Bench
Foran could get an early run, with Lyon and Matai out Bailey could possibly find himself in the centres with Foran at 5/8

Dutchy

Immortal
A few things from today. Please please please sign both Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans on long term contracts. These two WILL be a successful halves combo in First Grade one day. Cherry has such a great kicking and passing game. I have been saying all season Foran is ready, today further showed me he is. Does all the organising, takes on the line, defends against the big guys very very well. He has a HUGE future in the Kiwi jersey.

Matt Grieve and Oldfield, outside backs that are looking very good. Oldield is a winger much in the style of Robertson and also great under the high ball. Jared Warea played out a bit wide today, but still solid. Brad Bennett the hooker had another top class game.

This team is working so well as a single unit. Never looked like leaking points, their on line defence is something to behold.

willvillain

Juniors
Went look for the big hit a few too many times for my liking, but other than that I thought he was very, very solid in a clinical Manly team.

Garts

Bench
I thought JWH was good from what I saw. Although I was reading big league whilst watching the game so missed a fair bit.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
A few things from today. Please please please sign both Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans on long term contracts. These two WILL be a successful halves combo in First Grade one day. Cherry has such a great kicking and passing game.

The club already has Hodkinson as the back up no. 7. Cherry-Evans has already turned 20 and is no chance of an extension past this season.

Dutchy

Immortal
The club already has Hodkinson as the back up no. 7. Cherry-Evans has already turned 20 and is no chance of an extension past this season.

He has a first grade future. Send him to Sunny Coast next season alongside Hokko.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
If Orford resigns, the club doesn't need Foran, Hodkinson and Cherry-Evans. Cherry-Evans won't get a money offer from Manly and therefore he will have to look at other clubs, unless he considers his future is Q Cup. He could end up at Wests Tigers ( Wests Magpies), thats my prediction.

Dutchy

Immortal
The club doesn't need Foran? Are you serious?

If he isn't our long term 5/8 I will lose all faith in recruitment and retainment. He is already 10 times the 5/8 Bailey is.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
The club doesn't need Foran? Are you serious?

If he isn't our long term 5/8 I will lose all faith in recruitment and retainment. He is already 10 times the 5/8 Bailey is.

Sorry I wasn't clear what I meant.

What I tried to say was we don't need all of those 3. I personally believe we need to keep Foran (definitely). I am not sure who is best between Cherry- Evans and Hodkinson. Hodkinson 's defence is sub standard.

BUT - Hodkinson is signed to 2010 and so he is here next year, Cherry-Evans isn't so he will get punted.

Latest posts